Discussion topic: Both boxes keep losing internet connection

This message was authored by Millertime09 This message was authored by: Millertime09

Both boxes keep losing internet connection

Hi, both my main and also mini boxes regularly lose their WiFi signal.

This is despite the "smart tv" functions on the tellys working fine so I know its nothing to do with the Internet connection 

It's infuriating

I have bt broadband with a mesh setup with 4 whole home wifi discs

Everything else works other than these boxes- anyone any idea what the problem is?

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Both boxes keep losing internet connection

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @Millertime09. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Millertime09
Topic Author
This message was authored by Millertime09 This message was authored by: Millertime09

I've not heard anything?

An engineer came out today and told me its because the boxes don't work with a bt whole home wifi mesh, so installed a sky booster to my bt router. This though has not solved the problem ?

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now after not receiving further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

 I had the same problem and 2-3 years ago ended up plugging my Q into the back of a disc and my minis into powerline adapters (one also connected to the Q/disc) to basically convert the whole thing to ethernet and disable wifi on it.

The Q should  use the BTWH mesh to talk to the internet but it does it really badly, it can't use it to talk to the mini which is what the engineer was referring to.

My network ended up like this (I've got another 3 discs not shown here)

Image 27-11-2023 at 15.57.jpeg

This message was authored by Philip2015April This message was authored by: Philip2015April

I jave exactly the same set-up as ypu - with the same problem.  I wil now move a BT Whole Home disk near to the Sky Q box and hard wire it.  Hopefully this will be stable unlike the current connection method, which doesn't give any pther devices a problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion