Discussion topic: BT Sport

This message was authored by mommabear This message was authored by: mommabear

BT Sport

I recently changed BT sports subscription from via SKY to direct from BT. UhD channel not available. BT say it is all correct from their side  and to contact SKY. Which dept does this come under? ( Groan)

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: BT Sport

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mommabear wrote:

I recently changed BT sports subscription from via SKY to direct from BT. UhD channel not available. BT say it is all correct from their side  and to contact SKY. Which dept does this come under? ( Groan)

Hi @mommabear 

Assume you have the Sky Q UHD monthly subscription ?

mommabear
Topic Author

Yes ,no issues except for changing BT contact.

@mommabear wrote:

Yes ,no issues except for changing BT contact.

Hi @mommabear 

I have escalated your post to Sky.

Don't know when this will be picked up
You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147?.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Unless something has changed @mommabear, I'm not sure a BT Sport on Sky subscription via BT includes access to the BT Sport Ultimate channel on Sky, but you do get access to the BT Sport app which I believe includes it.

When it was announced as coming to Sky, they were clear that if you paid via BT you would need to talk to them about access to BT Sport Ultimate on Sky.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

@stereohaven wrote:

Unless something has changed @mommabear, I'm not sure a BT Sport on Sky subscription via BT includes access to the BT Sport Ultimate channel on Sky, but you do get access to the BT Sport app which I believe includes it.

When it was announced as coming to Sky, they were clear that if you paid via BT you would need to talk to them about access to BT Sport Ultimate on Sky.

Previously @stereohaven I subscribed to BT Sport via BT and had access to the UHD BT Ultimate channel on Sky Q

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to mommabear.

mommabear
Topic Author

Sadly it seems that you don't get ultimate UhD channel unless paying via Sky. It does not make for happy customers with either company.

@mommabear wrote:

Sadly it seems that you don't get ultimate UhD channel unless paying via Sky. It does not make for happy customers with either company.

Don't understand @mommabear 

I have only recently changed to subscribing via Sky.

Previously I was subscribed to BT Sport through BT and had access to the BT Ultimate UHD channel.

I was also paying the BT monthly HD subscription.   I wonder if this unlocks UHD also when subscribing through BT

The following statement is onthe BT help page although I'm not sure what it means.

Sky: BT Sport Ultimate is available on channel 493 if you subscribe to the Sport on Sky HD pack and via the red button

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Have you bought the HD pack through BT @mommabear? Do you also have the UHD pack on Sky?

BT charge for the BT Sport pack, then extra for HD, then extra again for multiroom. 

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion