Discussion topic: Apple TV+ offer query

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

Apple TV+ offer query

I already have an account for Apple TV+ which I watch via my TV app. About 3 months ago I cancelled it with the intention of resubscribing at a later date. So my query is, can I take up the Sky offer for a free trial & if so, will I be able to continue watching Apple TV+ via my TV app rather than via the app on Sky Q? I'm not sure if it's okay to take up a free trial if I already have a subscription.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: Apple TV+ offer query

@merv60 wrote:

I already have an account for Apple TV+ which I watch via my TV app. About 3 months ago I cancelled it with the intention of resubscribing at a later date. So my query is, can I take up the Sky offer for a free trial & if so, will I be able to continue watching Apple TV+ via my TV app rather than via the app on Sky Q? I'm not sure if it's okay to take up a free trial if I already have a subscription.

Yes - you can take up the offer and use it on your TV app. I did exactly that last year before I got rid of Sky Q. I had a previous Apple TV+ subscription that had ended so got the 6 months free from Sky then was also able to stack on another free 6 months from a Currys offer at the time. 

Once you have the offer confirmed on your Apple ID you can watch on any device with the Apple TV+ app, you are not limited to the app on Sky Q.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

@merv60 wrote:

Yes - you can take up the offer and use it on your TV app. I did exactly that last year before I got rid of Sky Q. I had a previous Apple TV+ subscription that had ended so got the 6 months free from Sky then was also able to stack on another free 6 months from a Currys offer at the time. 

Once you have the offer confirmed on your Apple ID you can watch on any device with the Apple TV+ app, you are not limited to the app on Sky Q.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@merv60 wrote:

@merv60 You can take up the free trial with Sky it doesn't matter if you have had a paid subscription or free trial subscription.

Redeem the offer and use on the Appletv+ app on your tv  or any suitable device you can install the Appletv+ app

I even watch Apple tv via the web browser on my Samsung  Z Fold 

merv60
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert  Thanks for the reply. I actually went to have a browse on Apple TV+ yesterday & the home page had an offer for a free 3-month trial via Samsung ( I have a Samsung TV ). So I went ahead & used that. But from what you are saying, could I also use the Sky offer today & get 6 months free, if so, would that be 3 months plus 6 months equaling 9 months, or would 3 of the months from Sky be the same 3 months I've got from Samsung, therefore making it 6 months in total? Hope that's clear.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert  Thanks for the reply. I actually went to have a browse on Apple TV+ yesterday & the home page had an offer for a free 3-month trial via Samsung ( I have a Samsung TV ). So I went ahead & used that. But from what you are saying, could I also use the Sky offer today & get 6 months free, if so, would that be 3 months plus 6 months equaling 9 months, or would 3 of the months from Sky be the same 3 months I've got from Samsung, therefore making it 6 months in total? Hope that's clear.

You should get a full six months from Sky added to the three, totalling 9 months - that's how it worked for me. Sometimes you can't stack the offers but other times you can. I actually used that free 3 months from Samsung too last year. I've not ever actually paid for Apple TV+ dues to various free subscription offers from the purchase of Apple hardware, a Barclaycard deal, a Currys deal, Samsung and now Sky! 

merv60
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert  Thanks for the help. Whilst I have paid for some of my time with Apple TV+, they do seem to like giving it away for free. Shortly after my first free trial with them expired, they sent me an email & gave me more months free ( can't recall how many, 3 or 6 I think ) simply for being a good customer. There's quite a bit of good content to be had, too.

merv60
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert  I sorted it out this weekend & the Sky offer was added to the Samsung offer, so I now have Apple TV+ free for 9 months. Result.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert  I sorted it out this weekend & the Sky offer was added to the Samsung offer, so I now have Apple TV+ free for 9 months. Result.

Excellent! It's great when these free offers stack like this. Hopefully there'll be another offer in 9 months time so the freebie can continue... 

This message was authored by Steve+52 This message was authored by: Steve+52

I have signed up to the six month offer but I cannot see Apple+ . I was not given any sign in details and I just keep getting the free period offers, mostly 7 days, I wish I could ask Sky but no luck. Can anyone help. Many thanks.

This message was authored by Steve+52 This message was authored by: Steve+52

I can't see on Sky on my devices and not on LG or Samsung TVs

This message was authored by Craig110 This message was authored by: Craig110

I'm on android and I'm unable to download app, is this the reason why it will not work.

If this is the case, how do I rectify it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion