Discussion topic: Apple TV Cancellation

This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

Apple TV Cancellation

I have the current free 3 month trial of Apple TV+ which runs out shortly.

However,try as I may, I cannot cancel the subscription.

I've tried logging in to Apple support but are repeatedly taken in circles and try as I may I cannot find a way to cancel it.

I've tried on the Apple TV+ app and a [pc but have had no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Apple TV Cancellation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@popacatapetal 

I think this is how you are supposed to do this:

Open the Apple TV+ app on your Sky Q or Sky Glass, or say “Apple TV+” into your voice remote.
Navigate to the Settings tab.
Select Accounts.
Select Manage Subscription.
Select Apple TV+.
Select Cancel Subscription, then tap Confirm. After you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-cancel-apps

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
popacatapetal
Topic Author
This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

I've already tried this method numerous times but there is no cancel subscription option available following the Apple TV screen   -  just an option to renew for 1 month or 1 year.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@popacatapetal wrote:

I've already tried this method numerous times but there is no cancel subscription option available following the Apple TV screen   -  just an option to renew for 1 month or 1 year.

Try doing it via the website. Info is here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/118398 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@popacatapetal  Have you tried logging in at https://tv.apple.com/gb  and go to settings (under your profile icon)?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

popacatapetal
Topic Author

I've already tried those two methods neither of which will allow a subscription cancellation in the Manage Subscription setting.

Have tried Win10 pc with different browsers along with an ipad where you can't even access a settings section.

Smae on an android device.

Looks like a visit to my local Apple store but they may not be able to help either.

Won't be dealing with Apple TV again.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@popacatapetal wrote:

I've already tried those two methods neither of which will allow a subscription cancellation in the Manage Subscription setting.

Have tried Win10 pc with different browsers along with an ipad where you can't even access a settings section.

Smae on an android device.

Looks like a visit to my local Apple store but they may not be able to help either.

Won't be dealing with Apple TV again.

If the iPad you were using is connected to the same Apple ID which you set up the free trial subscription to Apple TV+ with, then it's a simple case of going to the settings menu, selecting your Apple ID then Subscriptions, then Apple TV+ and clicking the cancel button.

If you don't get the option to cancel then you're not logged in with the same Apple ID you set up the trial with. 

popacatapetal
Topic Author

@Padam_ padam

It's definitely the correct apple id  -  I only have one.

Accessing the Apple TV App in the ipad prifile settings there is an on screen message in red which says that my subscription expires soon with the date.

There is a separate tab to renew my subscription for £8.99 per month.

The only thing that may possibly be happening is that there is no auto renewal of the current time limited subscription but that conflicts with subscription information elsewhere stating that renewel is automatic.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Does the subscription show under your Apple ID>Subscriptions on the App Store? If not then it wasn't purchased with that ID imo.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
popacatapetal
Topic Author

I think I may have found the answer buried in Apple support:-

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/118428

It statesthat you won't see a cancel option if expiry date is shown in RED

@popacatapetal wrote:

I think I may have found the answer buried in Apple support:-

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/118428

It statesthat you won't see a cancel option if expiry date is shown in RED

That's correct. If there's an expiry date then it's already been cancelled and you don't need to do anything further. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion