Discussion topic: Appalling experience yesterday. Sky+HD box failed. Tortuous process to upgrade to Q through multiple

This message was authored by DavidG001 This message was authored by: DavidG001

Appalling experience yesterday. Sky+HD box failed. Tortuous process to upgrade to Q through multiple

Multiple calls to agents, none of whom could own my issue and resolve it. My account has been corrupted following a previous cancellation of a Sky Q order due to the engineer who visited stating the advice I'd been given by the sales and technical teams, was incorrect. Multiple assurances followed that my account would be cleaned up. However, I experienced seceral repeat issues of my service being blocked. My account apoears still to have issues causing problems with my latest order. I spent hours on the phone this week and am very unhappy that I can not have an engineer call to install my Sky Q boxes for 4 werks. The agent I spoke to was not able to dealcwith the issue of ensuring I am mot billed for the service I ambpaying for now that my Sky+ HD box has failed. It is hugely anniying and shows Sky to have very little customer focus. I look forward to a manager resolving this quickly for me.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Appalling experience yesterday. Sky+HD box failed. Tortuous process to upgrade to Q through mult

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

In what way has your account been corrupted?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Appalling experience yesterday. Sky+HD box failed. Tortuous process to upgrade to Q through mult

@DavidG001 wrote:

The agent I spoke to was not able to dealcwith the issue of ensuring I am mot billed for the service I ambpaying for now that my Sky+ HD box has failed

Billing continues throughout a fault. Once the issue has been sorted you could ask for a credit to be added to your account for the amount of time it's taken.

I look forward to a manager resolving this quickly for me.

A manager won't see or respond to your post. In fact staff on the Community won't know who you are as your Community log in is not connected to your actual Sky accounts.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@DavidG001 wrote:

...and am very unhappy that I can not have an engineer call to install my Sky Q boxes for 4 werks. The agent I spoke to was not able to dealcwith the issue of ensuring I am mot billed for the service I ambpaying for now that my Sky+ HD box has failed. It is hugely anniying and shows Sky to have very little customer focus. I look forward to a manager resolving this quickly for me.

That will likely be the next engineer available.  As already noted, they will not stop billing you but may consider a credit after the issue has been resolved.

The Sky+ box is owed by you and not supported by Sky - arguably, it's not their fault you cannot receive the services.  You could source a replacement box of your own (from well known auction sites for example) - you don't have to move to Q.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DavidG001 wrote:

I spent hours on the phone this week and am very unhappy that I can not have an engineer call to install my Sky Q boxes for 4 werks. 

Sky is in the process of reducing their historic 'dish, cable & box' installation workforce as part of the transition to streaming.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-to-cut-1-000-roles-this-year-amid-shift-from-satellite-services 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion