Discussion topic: Additional minibox

This message was authored by cra1gbr0wn This message was authored by: cra1gbr0wn

Additional minibox

What is the cost of an additional minibox

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Additional minibox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Usually an admin charge of around £50 for sky to loan you another.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@cra1gbr0wn wrote:

What is the cost of an additional minibox

Hi @cra1gbr0wn 

You can have up to four minis installed on loan each subject to a one off upfront charge and all under by one single Q monthly Multiscreen subscription
However only two minis can be used simultaneously on all 2 TB boxes and the 1 TB UHD Main boxes to watch Sky Q content.
The original 1 TB non UHD box (32Cxxx) only permits the use of one mini at a time.
If Sky Apps are already being used on some of the minis these will not normally be counted as in Q use and therefore can be used in addition to the above limits.
See the following link for the Versions of main Q box referred to above.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates.
Subject to the above limits Sky Q minis can be used completely independently of the main Q box and the same or different program or recording can be viewed on each Q box. Even if viewing the same content it is completely independent and can be viewed at the same or different point.
Minis can do all the features same as the main Q box and can set or delete recordings on the main Q box hard drive. There is one single storage area on the main Q box with no profiles and no indication of which Q box has set a recording. (Unlike Sky+HD Multiroom which has independent storage and planners).
It should also be remembered that minis cannot view UHD recordings or content.

cra1gbr0wn
Topic Author
This message was authored by cra1gbr0wn This message was authored by: cra1gbr0wn

Thanks for your help 

I currently have the 1TB box and following your reply I am now considering the 2TB version

Do you, or anyone reading this, know if I can/how to save shows that I have already recorded to a different media to either transfer to the new box or watch later 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@cra1gbr0wn 

It would appear that the UHD/HDR 1TB box is the standard issue model these days and the 2TB box is in very short supply. Either way, should you change main boxes you will lose any recordings held on your current box. They aren't transferable. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
cra1gbr0wn
Topic Author

Thanks for getting in touch 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion