Discussion topic: Add Sky Q to a third tv

This message was authored by tonytales This message was authored by: tonytales

Add Sky Q to a third tv

Hi.  I have SkyQ boxes in two of my rooms at home with Samsung TVs.  I would like to have Sky available on a third TV in the kitchen on an LG TV.  Can I do this without an additional SKY Q box?

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Add Sky Q to a third tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tonytales wrote:

Hi.  I have SkyQ boxes in two of my rooms at home with Samsung TVs.  I would like to have Sky available on a third TV in the kitchen on an LG TV.  Can I do this without an additional SKY Q box?

I take it you mean you currently have a main Sky Q receiver & a Sky Q mini box?  Yes, you can loan an additional Sky Q mini box for your 3rd TV - this normally incures a £50 admin fee, but no increase on your Multi-room subs.

I am just another Sky customer!
tonytales
Topic Author

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Yes, I have a main Sky Q box in the main lounge and a SkyQ mini in the kid's playroom.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tonytales 
You can have a maximum of 4 mini boxes loaned to you by Sky. You can watch Sky content on two minis and the main box at the same time. You may be able to use a 3rd mini box at the same time if you’re using it for one of the apps such as Netflix.

Be aware the original 1TB (non-UHD) Sky Q box only allows one mini to be in use. To check if you have the non UHD 1TB box check in:-
Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version
If it shows as 32Cxxx then you have a non UHD 1TB that only supports 1 active mini box.

All 2TBs and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit two mini boxes. Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
tonytales
Topic Author

Thanks @Daniel0210 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion