Discussion topic: 2 different internet providers with Sky Q

This message was authored by marco1066 This message was authored by: marco1066

2 different internet providers with Sky Q

Hi - I have Sky Q with 2 additional mini boxes. I currently have the main box hard wired with BT Broadband. The 2 additional boxes frequently lose signal which is very annoying. I also have Gigaclear which is a much faster and more reliable WiFi. My question is can I keep the main box with BT (hardwired) but set up the 2 additional mini boxes with Gigaclear? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: 2 different internet providers with Sky Q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@marco1066 wrote:

Hi - I have Sky Q with 2 additional mini boxes. I currently have the main box hard wired with BT Broadband. The 2 additional boxes frequently lose signal which is very annoying. I also have Gigaclear which is a much faster and more reliable WiFi. My question is can I keep the main box with BT (hardwired) but set up the 2 additional mini boxes with Gigaclear? Thanks

Not possible I'm afraid @marco1066.

The Q Mini boxes will only connect by to the Main Q box with 3rd party broadband.

(Unless you have the option to also hardwire both minis to your BT router.   Either directly or through simple unmanaged Ethernet switches).

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Use powerline ethernet

marco1066
Topic Author
This message was authored by marco1066 This message was authored by: marco1066

will give this a go - thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion