Discussion topic: Sky protect not good

This message was authored by Chloehawk This message was authored by: Chloehawk

Sky protect not good

Got the sky protect kit today opened the box the doorbell came broke they said they would send out another then I got rest set up and oh boy the door sensors have a mind of there own you get the door open or close messages at random and if you open or close the door you might get the notification around 1 to 40 mins after at which point your home all ready empty and the back door one lost connection after 15 mins the camera is very low quality and the sound might as well not be on it and again the lag is between 3 to 40 mins. At the end of the day avoid at all costs or you will be broke into and find out about half hour later very cheap equipment. told me 60 pound if I don't return not the 250 they advertise

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky protect not good

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
@Chloehawk wrote:

At the end of the day avoid at all costs or you will be broke into and find out about half hour later.  

I'd observe that the hardware is not actually advertised as being a security solution.

No one should think that the very limited facilities of the 'smart tech bundle' is a realistic deterrent, and I'd note that using all or any of it isn't required for the insurance to be valid (which is probably a clue)

Video Doorbell. See who’s at your door from anywhere. Even chat with them.

Indoor Camera. The ultimate house sitter. Keeps an eye on any room.

Motion Sensor. Lets you know if something moves in a specific room or area.

Contact Sensors. Lets you know if a window or door gets opened or closed.

Leak Sensors. Looking out for unwanted water. Even hidden leaks with humidity settings.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion