Discussion topic: "Not Registered on Network" Sim Not Working

This message was authored by mikexedge This message was authored by: mikexedge

"Not Registered on Network" Sim Not Working

Hi,

About a month ago my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra started displaying the message "Not Registered on Network" whenever I tried to make a call along with no mobile data signal.

I contacted Sky, who turned off the 5G Network thought to be causing the issue as well as sending out a new Sim Card and resetting the Network Configuration/APN settings. Despite following the steps online, as well as the advice given by the Sky Experts, the issue is yet to be resolved.

I contacted Sky more recently and was told they'd have the issue sorted within a couple of hours and someone would call me back - no one ever did and my phone is still unusable.

The only way I can currently make calls is through the Wi-Fi. This is unacceptable as I run a business and have no access to calls or internet when I'm out and about.

Not only that, but I took my Sim Card out and placed it in my sons Dual Sim phone (also on Sky) and now his phone is displaying the same message - "Not Registered on Network" and no longer has mobile data. We now have NO way of making calls or accessing the internet other than through the Wi-Fi.

I've been a Sky Customer for over 5 years and currently have five contracts. I expect more when it comes to resolving issues such as this.

Am I within my rights to cancel my contracts early as this issue has not been resolved?

All Replies

This message was authored by Branch+Family This message was authored by: Branch+Family

Re: "Not Registered on Network" Sim Not Working

My son has a similar issue it says No service. Its been 8 weeks and 2 new replacement sims later and still not working. 

I'd be interested if you get anywhere as I am at a loss and paying for a contract completely unusable. I am ringing them again but not holding out much hope. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are there any issues showing on the network as shown here:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
mikexedge
Topic Author

No known issues on the Network and the other contracts I have with Sky are working fine.

mikexedge
Topic Author

Not really got anywhere other than a phone call last week from the Customer Service representative I initially spoke to asking if the issue had been resolved. I told her no and she's now escalated the issue to the "Network Management Team."

I'm pretty sure it was already escalated about a month ago.

I'm currently awating a response and still no working phone for both myself and my son.

Did you get anywhere with your phone call?

This message was authored by Garry59 This message was authored by: Garry59

Did you get this resolved? I've had same issue, 2nd time in 2 months. First time my phone miraculously started working after 3 weeks but now I'm back there again with Sky saying its a sim issue and wanting to send a replacement sim which didn't work the previous time

This message was authored by Tp2023 This message was authored by: Tp2023

Having same issue... my data ran out and I used the piggy bank to add additional data, like I've always done... but despite doing this 5 times my data on the online portal is still showing 0..

together with the register to Network which I tried, along with following all the other steps resetting etc still not working 

the device was sent the handset network configuration, following the instructions and installed and then another message was sent saying Temporary Error, try again later... later 3 days and 3 attempts still not go any network 

This message was authored by JohnD16 This message was authored by: JohnD16

Having the same problems here. Wasted two hours with 'customer service' today. They promise to give a temporary mobile number upon registration (like other carriers) but their call centre team doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on. If it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'll be cancelling my contract for good. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion