Discussion topic: iPad sim not able to activate

This message was authored by JulesM70 This message was authored by: JulesM70

iPad sim not able to activate

I received my iPad which I ordered with a SIM card but I can't activate the sim , doesn't even allow me to get to the activation page where I enter the sims details , I see from the forum that this is a very common problem 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: iPad sim not able to activate

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - we have spoken to JulesM70 and after they placed an order online, we activated the sim plan. 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JulesM70  give sky a call and they will activate it for you, from a sky sim it's free on 150 from a sky sim or 033 375 941 55 from other networks. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @JulesM70 , I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂

JulesM70
Topic Author
This message was authored by JulesM70 This message was authored by: JulesM70

@Greenfingers001 

Thank you for your help

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - we have spoken to JulesM70 and after they placed an order online, we activated the sim plan. 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by olliewwwwww This message was authored by: olliewwwwww

I have exactlally the same issue, tried activiating online and it say we are working on it. Its now been two days and still not activiated. The iPad can see the sim card and IMEI / other details appear so not sure what to do to get this sim activated! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How long as it been saying it is being worked on @olliewwwwww ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by olliewwwwww This message was authored by: olliewwwwww

Over two days now

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

They might want to send you a new sim but I would give Sky a call about this as the sim should have activated by now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lamps91 This message was authored by: Lamps91

I have the same issue. Spoke to Sky about it and after a series of troubleshooting and potential resolutions failing to provide a solution, I was sent a new sim. New sim activated and installed, but unsurprisingly same issue persists. I call again, they suggest another new sim, I state that will not fix issue and direct them to all these posts in their website where rather than giving an answer the default position of Sky is to call individuals with issues - resulting in no answer appearing on line. This evidently a known issue at Sky, but they haven’t even shared knowledge of the issue with their call operators. Call operator ended up saying he would transfer me to development team, he didn't, he transferred me to cancellations team - who tried their best, but could not help.

Had this iPad and sim almost a month now and been entirely prevented from using the plan I’m paying for. Issue exacerbated by phone lines only being open from 9am so very difficult to call due to work commitments. this is not a good enough service, Sky. Please resolve without further delay.

This message was authored by Whitney87 This message was authored by: Whitney87

I have this same issue it is asking to assign the sim to an existing mobile not the iPad it needs to be assigned to can you help? 

This message was authored by Sunshine93 This message was authored by: Sunshine93

My ipads are the same. Ive contacted sky on the online chat and even spoken to a manager but noone seems to understand.

ive ordered 2 new ipads with a sim each. Weve activated the sim but the numbers arent working. Ive tried calling it and it doesnt go through. Ive text it and doesnt go through. You can message from the ipad but it comes through from an icloud email address. Please can anyone shed some light on this. Thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion