Discussion topic: Voicemail Issue - ongoing

This message was authored by Sooz+B This message was authored by: Sooz+B

Voicemail Issue - ongoing

HELP!  My voicemail isssue has been going on for about 4 weeks now.  Countless calls to SKY - having to start the whole story from scratch each time.  Each time a promise the issue will be fixed and if not an 'escalation'.

Problem 1.  My iPhone 13 will not retain my outgoing voicemail greeting.

Problem 2.  Incoming calls ring twice only (yes I know you can set the amount of rings before answering - I keep doing this - my phone says 'confirmed' then the instruction is not retained)

Problem 3.  After 2 rings there is no option for a mobile caller to leave a message.  The caller gets a couple of beeps and the line goes dead.  Calls from landlines - a female voice tells them I am unavailable.

I've explored every chat group out there and tried everything.

Yesterdays operator said she would send a new SIM.  It arrived today.  I followed all the instructions, got the OK - your new SIM is activated.  Still no voicemail and still my greeting is not retained.

I have reset my network settings - umpteen times

I have powered my phone on and off - upteen times

I have come in and out of airplane mode - umpteen times

I've tried leaving the SIM out for a while - umpteen times

I am truly at the end of my tether - and really can't face the thought of calling SKY AGAIN and having to go through all this with yet another operator - charming as they are.

I use my phone for my business.  My clients can't leave me messages, and I am losing new clients as they can't reach me by phone.  

Can anyone throw any light on this?  Anyone else ahving the same problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by Rollo007 This message was authored by: Rollo007

Re: Voicemail Issue - ongoing

So issue for me was no voicemail whilst phone on but not answered, callers got the message about call later or send text. If phone off Vmail worked. So after the usual tech calls 3 hrs in all , no help as all they do is look up on google which I can do!!!

I changed my ring period before  going to Vmail to 10 seconds and hey presto Vmail works on unanswered calls when phone is on.

hopefully this will help you 👍to change your ring period do the following type on the phone key pad dial **61*759*11*XX# with the x's replaced by your preferred ring period ie 10 seconds. Worked for me good luck 🤞 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion