Discussion topic: Upgrade with device swap - value being halved by sky

This message was authored by Clairecrowe5 This message was authored by: Clairecrowe5

Upgrade with device swap - value being halved by sky

I have completed an upgrade including a device swap. I have a number of issues with this:

1. I received an email this morning telling me that "additional damage" was found and the value has been halved. 

2. No details of what the supposed damage was

3. The email said I have 3 days to consider this new offer however when I went to my account it says that it has to be accepted or rejected today 5th Feb same day I received the email and if no decision they will consider it an acceptance

4. I have found it extremely difficult this morning to find out how to contact sky about this other than this communities forum.

The handset is in perfect condition as it was never without a cover and screen protector and i even added additional padding to send it back to sky in the box to ensure it was not damaged in transit. In addition the phone has never been dropped or been in water. How do I find out what the "damage" is that sky have supposedly found? 

From my perspective I believe this is being done to force my hand to accept a lower value and pay more to sky as a result for the outstanding device value.

Any help or guidance would be appreciates.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Upgrade with device swap - value being halved by sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Clairecrowe5  call sky on 150 and ask for proof of damage and if still not happy ask for phone to be returned. You can then sell elsewhere, such as musicmagpie, to pay off what's owed. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion