Discussion topic: The screen on my phone is broken

This message was authored by KevinDavis This message was authored by: KevinDavis

The screen on my phone is broken

The screen on my iPhone 12 is broken. Apple have said as it's out of warranty they will not fix it. They have given me a report to say that it's an issue with the screen and not caused by damage and I should go back to the original point of sale. 
will sky fix this as it's less than 2 years old. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: The screen on my phone is broken

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevinDavis 

This link should explain the criteria for repairs 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-phone-or-tablet-repairs

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

As it's out of warranty I suspect they'll only offer a paid-for repair.

Under CRA2015 the burden is for you to prove the fault was there at time of purchase.

Also, what does 'broken' mean?  What's the fault?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
KevinDavis
Topic Author
This message was authored by KevinDavis This message was authored by: KevinDavis

The screen just went off. There is power to the phone and I took it to apple. They said the screen had failed. It's less than 2yrs old so for me the fault was there from the beginning as it should last more than 2yrs. 

You'll have to return it to Sky in the first instance as per the link above and see what they propose.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@KevinDavis wrote:

The screen just went off. There is power to the phone and I took it to apple. They said the screen had failed. It's less than 2yrs old so for me the fault was there from the beginning as it should last more than 2yrs. 

@KevinDavis You would have to prove that the fault existed from the day you received it, it would be unlikely that a manufacturing fault would show no signs for 2 years and then just suddenly fail, due to that Sky will probably say any fix or repair is chargable.

When you took it to the Apple store what tests did they run?

@daveNOS wrote:

@KevinDavis wrote:

@KevinDavis You would have to prove that the fault existed from the day you received it, it would be unlikely that a manufacturing fault would show no signs for 2 years and then just suddenly fail, due to that Sky will probably say any fix or repair is chargable.

When you took it to the Apple store what tests did they run?

IMHO it would virtually impossible to prove such a fault existed at the time of purchase (and it may not have done).

However, one may expect it to last longer than 2 years so there's possibly a different argument around satisfactory quality.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@PandJ2020 I agree it should last more than 2 years providing its been looked after, i know several people who have had this issue with various models of iPhone and none have actually been the screen at fault, its either been a faulty firmware update or solved by replacing a dead/dying battery.

@daveNOS wrote:

@PandJ2020 I agree it should last more than 2 years providing its been looked after, i know several people who have had this issue with various models of iPhone and none have actually been the screen at fault, its either been a faulty firmware update or solved by replacing a dead/dying battery.

Indeed, one presumes the OP has tried 'frozen' recovery here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/116940

...has bought many a 'broken' phone back to life.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion