Discussion topic: Taken payment for both phones after upgrading?

This message was authored by JRib27 This message was authored by: JRib27

Taken payment for both phones after upgrading?

Hi! I just upgraded my phone from the S22 Ultra to the new S24 Ultra. My bill has come out today and it's taken £44 for my S22 and £48 for my S24? When I upgraded it said the upgrade cost was £0 and I have sent my phone back to them already? I am a bit confused. Thank you!

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Taken payment for both phones after upgrading?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JRib27 wrote:
 When I upgraded it said the upgrade cost was £0 and I have sent my phone back to them already? 

That is the upfront amount for your new phone.

Have you accepted the trade in value for the older phone?  This may or may not cover the outstanding balance on it.  As you've been charged for two phones I presume they are still processing the swap.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
JRib27
Topic Author
This message was authored by JRib27 This message was authored by: JRib27

@PandJ2020 the swap was a balance of £342 which is what it said my phone would be valued at that ive sent back. I've had no emails or anything to say it would be worth less and I'd be charged more? As far as I was aware only payment for my new phone was supposed to have been taken. 

@JRib27 wrote:

@PandJ2020 the swap was a balance of £342 which is what it said my phone would be valued at that ive sent back. I've had no emails or anything to say it would be worth less and I'd be charged more? As far as I was aware only payment for my new phone was supposed to have been taken. 

You have been given an estimated value only.  Once they've inspected it they'll make you an offer - it may be more or less than £342.  If it's less then the difference is payable immediately.  If it's more then it is credited to your account.

The additional payment you've made on your old phone is not lost - it will reduce the outstanding balance of course.

Sounds like they haven't processed the return yet - it seems to be taking 3-4 weeks at the moment.  Call Sky if it's been longer than this.

This message was authored by koolkatkeefy This message was authored by: koolkatkeefy

Hi all,

This also happened to me this month. Sky have charged me for my new iPhone 15 (no problem with this of course) but also my old iPhone 13 on the same bill. In two previous Sky Swaps this has never happened before and I'm extremely unhappy that it has happened this time. 

I sent back the iPhone 13 the same day they sent the packaging and they received it back well with the 14 day period.  So because of their tardiness in processing it I have to accept them helping themselves to an extra monthly payment for it? As it's Sky Swap I expect to pay for one device or the other, definitely not both. 

When you say the money is not lost what do you mean? The payment is very much lost as far as I can see, they've closed off the previous credit agreement with the value of the old device and opened a new one for the iPhone 15.  At the very least I'd expect that extra payment to be returned in this months bill by way of credit but Sky are flatly refusing. 

If it's now a credit then it should be used against future payments.

This message was authored by koolkatkeefy This message was authored by: koolkatkeefy

Hi, thanks for reply, but it isn't in credit, that's the issue. That extra payment has vanished along with the previous credit agreement.

I had £231 left on previous credit agreement, they quoted me £231 for my iPhone 13 which paid off the credit agreement in full so I accepted and promptly returned it in their packaging. Then 12 days later they've charged me for both phones and now my next bill is just for the iPhone 15. The bill shouldn't have quoted both phones (two previous Sky Swaps didn't) but they did so now at the very least they should now be crediting my account but they don't think they've done anything wrong.

If they'd quoted me £231 plus another monthly payment I'd have no problem but it just seems they've just dragged out the swap process to get another monthly payment out of me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion