Discussion topic: Switching sim from O2

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

Re: Switching sim from O2

@JessicaLi93 Am glad you managed to get signed up with EE. They seem the best right now for service, they'll probably find a lot of Sky customers are switching over!

@JessicaLi93  If you get a moment, check out the thread 'New contract, number ported, no calls/text or internet'  - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/New-contract-number-ported-no-calls-text-or-internet/m-p/467...

You will be amazed how many other people are/have been  in the very same situation!

This message was authored by Jamie100 This message was authored by: Jamie100

Hi everyone. Phoned sky complaints. They basically said it's o2 fault as they use their network. Full refund confirmed and returning their phone in the post. New phone already on route from Tesco mobile. Should be up and returning by the weekend with new pac code

@Jamie100 Am glad you finally managed to get somewhere with them, even if it's just to cancel your contract!

Good luck and all the best with your new provider.

This message was authored by JessicaLi93 This message was authored by: JessicaLi93

Wow ... and still sky are fobbing people off. The company is just an embarrassment at this point. 

and thanks! EE phone coming tomorrow so fingers crossed that it's going to work 😂

This message was authored by Amyg84 This message was authored by: Amyg84

My new phone coming tomorrow. Went back to o2! 
Will be returning phone from sky as soon as I've transferred all over. 
I just can't believe how bad this is, how they expect people to go without for weeks and still pay them! 

This message was authored by davel47741 This message was authored by: davel47741

Abandoned by attempt to switch sim only to Sky Mobile, due to their impossible to negotiate "security" requirements. Bank account number or credit card number required to link new sim order to my Sky account - but as an ex-Sky TV customer but still with an account, I have NO current payments set up with Sky!

It's a shambles. Have re-contracted with 02 with 20GB data and free roaming, via a price comparison website. Cost ony 99p more than Sky's 5GB data and no roaming. Bye bye Sky, I hardly even knew you lol.

@NiccyMacca  The lack of response from Sky operatives is nothing but a joke. I was involved in another thread along the same lines - recent switchover but no service for 2+ weeks. Part of one of my messages I commented that the only contact I had was from Sky scammer and attached a screenshot. Can you believe,  Sky Employee commented about being aware of such scammers,etc., no mention whatsoever about all the problems we were having with lack of Sky Service!!!! I did attach another comment sarcastically saying how nice it would be if she/or her colleagues would comment or tackle the main issues we were having. Over 80-odd comments about lack of sky service and they choose to comment on one mention within that conversation about scammers!!!! Ridiculous!

NiccyMacca
Topic Author
This message was authored by NiccyMacca This message was authored by: NiccyMacca

Mine mobile has started working today! Out of the blue

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

A total suprise today my phone worked no idea why,

This message was authored by NickJG This message was authored by: NickJG

Same mine is working 🙏🙏🙏

Mine too! Very strange! Although I won't be with Sky  for long now, the process to change to another provider has already started.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion