Discussion topic: Swap ripoff

This message was authored by grahamdiv This message was authored by: grahamdiv

Swap ripoff

my wife swapped her mobile for another they said it was worth £165, we got a message saying that there was damage on the phone so she could only have £82.50 exactly half what they said it was originally worth. so now she has to return the new phone and get her old one back. the problem we have is they have not said what the original damage is. we have photos and video of our phone and it is in mint condition, and we have had a screen protector fitted we have been with sky 17yrs but i can promise you now when we get our old phone back if there is damage we can prove there wasn't we will seek to cancel our contract,

Best Answers
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw Answer

Re: Swap ripoff

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @grahamdiv  give sky a call on 150 and dispute this, there have been several instances like this and a phone call often results in the original valuation being given. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw Answer

Hi @grahamdiv  give sky a call on 150 and dispute this, there have been several instances like this and a phone call often results in the original valuation being given. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
grahamdiv
Topic Author
This message was authored by grahamdiv This message was authored by: grahamdiv

will do thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

And while it is to late now should you return a device again with Sky or anybody else make sure you take photos of it to show that if there is damage then it wasn't there when you returned it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Shertberger This message was authored by: Shertberger

Almost the same happened to me, Sky never actually made contact with me, they sent me an email giving me 48 hours to accept their derisory offer... and didn't actually pay the amount that they themselves had decided the phone was worth for 10 days, after I called them twice and was first told that the phone was damaged, it was, according to the email 'no fault found'.

I called a few more times and was told that I never had an iPhone 12 Pro Max on my account? I have actually asked for cancellation now, Ona separate call. It sort of worked, I am supposed to get a returns bag in 3 to 5 days... We will see, as I have been told my phone has been processed. Or is that 'vaporised' (evidence removed) so I can't get it back.

Oh I then got blocked from the forum, was told but Sky to reset my router? Which, of course didn't work. So I created a new ID, I am not the only one who has been blocked after this happening.

This happened after, Sky denied, I was offered a free £100 Mastercard Debit card, and eventually gave me an account credit as a good will, gesture!

As far as the phone debacle goes, Sky told me on Friday, they would call me back, Wednesday the following week and nothing, I won't call them as I do not have anything further to say on the matter,I want to know what they are going to say but I guess they haven't had time to think up a good enough excuse (lie) yet here is the info, my email and the page I get when I try to login with my old account...6084273C-AA9B-46D2-BBAD-00D6369B6082.jpeg7AE41307-B897-4A7F-80C0-9FDABFECFB68.jpeg

This message was authored by jozef1993 This message was authored by: jozef1993

Ive sent an iphone 12 back to sky and removed the iphone from the cloud, I keep getting emails to remove the phone from the cloud, IT WAS DONE BEFORE I RETURNED IT, I belive Sky are holding out on my return money of over £300 ,they acting like fraudsters.

Ive been with Sky over 20 years and I am a VIP coustomer IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE IT AND I AM CONSIDERING MY OPTIONS!!!!

This message was authored by udyW This message was authored by: udyW

I was about to submit the agreement for a phone swap but after reading this and few other discussions in the forum I stopped going ahead with it! This realley seams like a scam. I'm going to warn everyone!
Thank you very much for this details.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@udyW wrote:

I was about to submit the agreement for a phone swap but after reading this and few other discussions in the forum I stopped going ahead with it! This realley seams like a scam. I'm going to warn everyone!
Thank you very much for this details.

Given the thousands of swaps that presumably go without a hitch there will always be a number of cases which don't go smoothly.  I would suspect it's a tiny percentage.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by udyW This message was authored by: udyW

But most of the experience discribed here in the discussion here is really bad. So I'd rather pass.
It is concerning when the valueation of the return phone change with more that 50%! Not good!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@udyW 

Apart from the 'Say Thanks To Sky' thread on the What's On board, customers don't tend to generate posts about what went right. It's only when something goes wrong do they feel (rightly) the need to raise it on the Community. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@udyW wrote:

But most of the experience discribed here in the discussion here is really bad. So I'd rather pass.
It is concerning when the valueation of the return phone change with more that 50%! Not good!!

If you're not happy with the swap value then they'll return it to you.

You'll also see, on the forum, that the advice is to take photo's prior and ensure it's packaged securely before returning.  There are cases where low offers are 'corrected' when this information is supplied...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by RWool This message was authored by: RWool

I also had this last night - £184 reduced to £92 with no explanation. Phoned this morning and was told there was a hardware fault and my phone wouldn't connect to a computer. I said that was nonsense - I'd been using it perfectly well up until I sent it back, and after holding for 2 minutes the man magically made it go away and credited me an extra £7 'as a gesture of goodwill' (bit weird). It's clearly just a scam and I'm furious about it. Feels like dealing with some dodgy phone shop in an arcade, not a global company. 

Don't accept this rubbish - ring them and make a fuss. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion