Discussion topic: Stolen iPhone from Apple on Sky Sim - Sky can't or won't blacklist IMEI

This message was authored by Disappointeddog This message was authored by: Disappointeddog

Stolen iPhone from Apple on Sky Sim - Sky can't or won't blacklist IMEI

Afternoon All,

Hope someone can help.

My sons iPhone 13 was stolen on Friday.  Phone purchased from Apply directly.  Sim from Sky.  SIm has been blocked and replacement on way.

Having spoken to Police to report and insurance to claim I need to get the IMEI blacklisted/blocked.

However am running into brick wall.  

From my last conversation I have been advised 'when sim was activated it wasn't registered/associated with the phone'.  The sim had been in the phone for c. 18 months.  My son cant remember what he answered for that question.

Last Sky rep I spoke said she couldn't blacklist the IMEI even though I could provide hwe with it (I have copy of it).  And refused to put me through to escalations.

So reaching out here to see if someone can help with escalation or verify the info I've been given.

Thanks !

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Stolen iPhone from Apple on Sky Sim - Sky can't or won't blacklist IMEI

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Disappointeddog 

It's worth also reporting it on the Immobilise website

https://www.immobilise.com

Ive known a stolen mobile be traced within 20-30 mins with the perpetrators trying to sell it at a reputable second hand shop. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Disappointeddog 

Have you spoken to Apple to get the phone blocked after all it was them that you got it from as I'm not sure that Sky can block devices that they did not sell.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Disappointeddog
Topic Author
This message was authored by Disappointeddog This message was authored by: Disappointeddog

Thanks ! Done that now.  Will be putting rest of families IMEIs on there given hassles currently having.  

Disappointeddog
Topic Author

@caesarome - this is what I'm trying to clarify re Sky blocking IMEI.  'Everyone' saying they should but haven't been able to confirm if that includes sim not registered against IMEI.

Have been trying Apple but account locked without phone to verify logon........

They won't do on back on support call etc as far as I've been able to find out.

Disappointeddog
Topic Author

Doing some more research on this forum.

Sorry for blind tag - but seeing as you guys have helped others, @Daniel0210 or @Greenfingers001  are you able to help escalate ?

Thanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Disappointeddog 

That issue is not one the Messaging Team can assist with. Sorry. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion