Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Scam Calls

This message was authored by MarkJ1967 This message was authored by: MarkJ1967

Sky Mobile Scam Calls

Hello.

This is my first post onto here and I am writing this as I cannot find a way of contacting Sky directly.

For the last six to eight weeks I have been getting calls, mainly from London numbers and mobiles, from a call centre puporting to be from Sky Mobile.  They range from telling me I can reduce my bill by 50% to asking if I am having issues with my mobiles.  Each time, when they ask for my security information, I ask them to confirm that they are from Sky or outright challenge that they are from sky they put the phone down.  I have a number of telephone numbers that are being used as I have blocked them from my mobile.  Each time, they are using different numbers.  Surely something needs to be done as there will be some people taken in by this.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Sky Mobile Scam Calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @MarkJ1967  others have been on this forum and raised the same issue. I don't think there is much that sky can do though. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Mobile Scam Calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkJ1967 wrote:

Surely something needs to be done as there will be some people taken in by this.

As these calls probably originate from abroad there is little that the networks can do to block them. Depending on what phone you have it might be possible to block unknown callers, that is numbers that are not in your phone book but doing so might stop calls from hospital and doctors and the like from getting through.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion