Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Ireland APN

This message was authored by CHOPPER This message was authored by: CHOPPER

Sky Mobile Ireland APN

Would anyone know what the APN is for Sky Mobile Ireland. I have been onto support 3 times today and they can't fix my problem. When I try the automated Network Settings it's not sending anything to my phone. Twice today support said they would call me back within 30 minutes which they have not done. Just joined the network and no data not good 😠😠

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Sky Mobile Ireland APN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @CHOPPER  you could try the UK ones and manually enter. 

Internet APN Settings:

Name: Sky Mobile Internet
APN: mobile.sky

mms settings 

Name: Sky Mobile MMS
APN: mms.mobile.sky

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
CHOPPER
Topic Author

Thanks for that but the one thing the support did say to me was that the UK APN would not work 😠
This message was authored by Longcock This message was authored by: Longcock

Internet APN Settings:

Works Perfect

Thanks

This message was authored by Hedgewick This message was authored by: Hedgewick

Just worked for me too...just those 2 fields nothing else and then save the apn setting and select that APN

Thanks for the help seems like Sky Mobile Ireland support having some teething issues...😂

CHOPPER
Topic Author

Thanks for that. Are you getting 5g on it? I can only get LTE

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

For 5G you have to activate the 5G add on so have you done this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-5g-roi

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
CHOPPER
Topic Author

Yeah 5g switched on. My phone is not listed on Google phones list.

This message was authored by wheatln2 This message was authored by: wheatln2

@CHOPPER  - did you get sorted?

I'm on Google Pixel 6 and only getting 4g LTE. I had to manually add in APN settings as the Sky website doesn't list settings or specs for Google Pixel 6, only older phones.

The phone should be 5G compatible, and 5G is enabled in the settings to select 5G when available (recommended) and I don't see anywhere in my Sky online account settings to activate or enable 5G.

CHOPPER
Topic Author

No I still don't have 5G. I have been onto support a couple of times and all they keep telling me is that it will be looked into and they will get back to me. I was also speaking to one of the sales team based in Belfast and she sent an email to Sky in the UK and I haven't heard anything back from them either. When I contacted support one of the agents said they were having a lot of problems.

This message was authored by MickOB This message was authored by: MickOB

I also have this issue. I joined Sky Mobile Ireland, receiving my new SIM card a few days ago (Monday 7th Oct 2024).  I am using a Google Pixel 7Pro. The OS is up to date. I have restarted the phone several times.

I tried Requesting Network Setings using the steps on this page and it says that it is sending them to my phone number but I never receive anything. I have requested the settings a couple of dozen times but nothing is received.

If I add a new APN with the settings:

Name: Sky Mobile Ireland

leave the rest of the settings as they are by default (MCC: 272, MNC: 25)

when I save the APN I get a data connection but it is only LTE. I have ensured that 5G (recommended) is chosen in the settings. WiFi calling is on but I have also tested with it set to off but it makes no difference.

If I modify this record or craete a new one with the below settings, when I save the record it disappears and I have no data connection.

Name: Sky Mobile Ireland

MCC: 234

MNC: 57

This is VERY frustrating. MCC stands for Mobile Country Code. A value of 234 is for the UK. I know Sky Mobile has operated in the UK for years and continues to do so but would that same value work in Ireland or should it be 272?

What do I do to get 4G or 5G working as LTE is extremely slow as it is a standard between 3G and 4G?!

Now for a groan about the level of support service provided by Sky ...

I have contacted Sky via whatsapp  4 times. Going over the same troubleshooting steps every time  I reach out to them is very frustrating and a waste of time. Also it takes a long time for hte support person to respond and if you dont respond in a suitable timeframe you are removed from their chat, whitout being notified, and when you next message you get a different support person who starts the conversation as if you have only now reached otu to them for the first time - have to verify account details and explain the problem all again and then go through the same basic troubleshooting steps that you already tried several times!!!!!!!!!!!

When I phone sky I get a message that they are very busy and its 48hours wait time! 😱

This message was authored by MickOB This message was authored by: MickOB

Just ot note that I forgot to say that my plan with sky Mobile is for 5G data shows ars enabled in My Sky.

CHOPPER
Topic Author

I am as frustrated as you. Paying for something we are not getting. Has anyone with any type of android phone got 5g on Sky Mobile Ireland? I'm going away to Germany for a holiday and there's absolutely no assurance that I will be even able to roam while over there.

This message was authored by Saint1 This message was authored by: Saint1

@MickOB Would wonder if Google has whitelisted your phone model, as they restrict 5G use by default. So even if the network is trying to pull 5G onto the phone, the manufacturer build is blocking it.  Would suggest DM'ing Sky on Twitter asking about this - it seems to be picked up by people in Ireland so can be helpful

Google devices should be the only ones which have the above issue (assuming whitelisting is the cause, if so ask Sky for a date), if someone had a different Android device I think they should all get 5G if compatible 

This message was authored by wheatln2 This message was authored by: wheatln2

@CHOPPER what kind of phone are you on? Is it a Google pixel?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion