Discussion topic: Sim

This message was authored by robeerobot This message was authored by: robeerobot

Sim

Hi

I have a sim only plan with Sky at the moment but want to get a new iPhone on contract. The sim with the new phone is cheaper than the current plan I have. Does anyone know how I cancel the sim I have at the moment as would I get charged for that one as well as the new contact? Thanks in advance

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@robeerobot 

That is correct, just move the sim from your old phone to your new one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @robeerobot you would need to call sky on 150 to cancel your existing sim, provided you have had it more than 12 months. Don't cancel before getting you new sim as you may lose your piggy bank. The new sim will come with a new number and it's a bit of a complicated process if you want to keep your old number as you can't port it between sky sims. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

To cancel the sim you will need to call Sky on 150. When you activate the new sim you will have a new phone number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
robeerobot
Topic Author
This message was authored by robeerobot This message was authored by: robeerobot

Thank you for the replies. If I want to keep my number is it best then I use the sim I have at the moment and not get a sim with the new phone? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@robeerobot wrote:

If I want to keep my number is it best then I use the sim I have at the moment

That is what you would have to do which will mean you will stay on your current plan with it. So if you are sent a new sim then if you do not activate it then it will be cancelled.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @robeerobot  that is the easiest. The other way is to get your new sim and activate it, you then need to port your number to a different network on Payg then port it back onto the new sim. You could also try asking sky if they would put the new plan on your old sim but don't be surprised if they won't. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
robeerobot
Topic Author

Thank you so much

So the easiest way then is to get the new phone without a new sim and just put the one in using at the moment into it. It's only a couple of pound more but if it's easier I probably should just do that. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@robeerobot 

That is correct, just move the sim from your old phone to your new one.

robeerobot
Topic Author

Thank you very much!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion