Discussion topic: Sim

This message was authored by Vix0611 This message was authored by: Vix0611

Sim

Help needed please as I'm at my wits end! 
Ordered a new phone through my sky online login 21st April, signed the credit agreement and received a message from Sky in my sky messenger advising all was good and the phone has been given to a courier who would contact me. Monday and Tuesday went by with nothing from courier, phoned Sky on Wednesday (24th) to ask what was going on, advisor said that there was a problem with my order and tried to apply for two further phones for me which of course got declined as I reached my credit limit. Asked the advisor why I couldn't just go ahead with my first order and he said I could and that he'd ask the courier to contact me urgently. Heard nothing again so phoned Sky to be told the phone was dispatched and I should be receiving it Wednesday evening. I'd had enough by this point and contacted the courier directly to be told that they had already tried to deliver the phone twice. Anyway, got the phone Thursday and went through the activating sim process on my Sky login, provided my pac code and number I wanted to keep, it then came back saying it was still processing my activation and it could take time, I could phone, text and had data, just waiting for my number to be changed. Friday comes and number still not changed, Sky login said it was still activating the SIM card, phoned Sky to be told the sim wasn't activated and there was an issue, they tried to activate their end but said they couldn't so only way was to send another SIM card. New SIM card came Saturday and I went through the same activation process on Sky login, same thing happened again, it came up saying it could take some time. Phoned Sky on the Sunday and was on the phone to them for an hour, they through all the discounts at me and said the new SIM card was now activated with data added and my number would be changed today. Put the new SIM card in and I'm not even getting an bars of signal, put original SIM card back in (the one that came with the phone) I can still phone and text but now have no data and number still not changed. Phoned Sky again today to be told that they need answers and would call me back tonight, I never received a phone call... 

if anyone has any explanations

or help I'd really appreciate it. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your issue might need investigating by another team so I would like it for a day or so and then call them back for an update.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Vix0611
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vix0611 This message was authored by: Vix0611

Re: Sim

Thank you for your reply. I spoke to them yesterday and they advised the only way forward was to send a another sim and to phone up to activate it rather than do it online, so they sent one out yesterday to hopefully come today. However I got home yesterday to find another SIM card in my post. I called them up to tell them and ask if that one received yesterday could be activated, she advised it couldn't be activated because it's not down as 'sent' on their system. She was going to call me back at 5.30 yesterday- no call back! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion