Discussion topic: SOS permanently showing

This message was authored by Lnbarnes24 This message was authored by: Lnbarnes24

Re: SOS permanently showing

Where is the complaints section on my sky?

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

@Chloe-W22 can you respond to this or find someone who can 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Just go to the robot person and type in "make a complaint" and it'll give you the link to making one. I clicked on "message us" and it brings up message boxes to fill in. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichelleJ81  CM Staff have no access to customer accounts, nor would they know who each individual customer is based on the forum logins, the customer would need to sort this once the issue is resolved, Sky won't compensate when the issu is ongoing.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Thanks @GD1 . I've sent them a message via the app and via the complaints section so someone will answer via that I'm sure. 

@CraigH19  Sky Staff are not here overnight, no other staff are here overnight either.  Any updates will need to wait until at least Monday

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Lnbarnes24 wrote:

Where is the complaints section on my sky?

Look at the very bottom of this community, there is a link. Just above all the social media icons.

This message was authored by LittleMo44 This message was authored by: LittleMo44

UPDATE - suddenly just now a text message has come through from Sky, so my phone appears to be working now. I will update if my phone goes off again. 

This message was authored by Fergy31 This message was authored by: Fergy31

First time in 3 days we have signal but think it's because we are near US border as it's picked up American carrier service.  Absolutely ruining the road trip of a lifetime that cost thousands.  Obviously we woukd have fully researched like old days if we had known. Come on Sky...  

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

Just visiting niagra so now I've got a signal because they think I'm in US 

And no one's here overnight. It's not overnight in Canada.

Have to wait till Monday so over a week and nothing sorted. Sky are great

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience whilst we worked through this problem.

We've received confirmation to advise that this problem has been resolved. Can you restart your phone if you are still having trouble and make sure your data roaming has been enabled 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Rachael241 This message was authored by: Rachael241

Hi, 

this hasn't worked - I've tried a couple times today and it's not worked. Phone still showing as SOS. So frustrating.

This message was authored by SueCan This message was authored by: SueCan

This issue is not resolved for me. I am in Canada and have been unable to receive or make texts or calls for a week. I am also unable to access my account via the manage option on the sky website. I have called Sky from my husbands phone and they seem unaware/in denial about any issues in Canada. I am apparently being referred to a manager at the Sky help call centre but the call is silent and i have been waiting 18 minutes so far. I am beginning to suspect they have hung up on me. The help line closes in 15 minutes.  I have been a Sky mobile customer for many years and I am shocked at this poor response from Sky. I urgently need my Sky phone number working. 

This message was authored by SueCan This message was authored by: SueCan

After contacting Sky due to the loss of functionality for sending and receiving texts and calls in Canada a week ago, I  have just been told by a Sky mobile expert adviser who spoke with her manager (on a help call I made from my husbands phone- ie not Sky) that  Sky currently had no partner for Sky mobile service provision in Canada. As Sky cannot provide me with the service I need I have no option but to change provider. 

It is unbelievably bad that Sky mobile did not think it important to advise customers of this issue before its previous contract with a service provider in Canada ended.

I have been working temporarily in Canada several times over the last 18 months with no previous issues.  

This message was authored by desrturner This message was authored by: desrturner

@SueCan @Hi Sue.  I have to say that makes no sense as on the odd few days we got some kind of signal, however brief, we received texts from Sky confirming our Roaming Passport for Canada was in operation!!

"Hi. Your Roaming Passport Plus for Canada is due to end on 26/06/2024 at 00:29 UK time. To reactivate at a cost of £2, make a call, text, or use over 10MB of data. To avoid extra charges, turn off data roaming and avoid calls or texts. For more details visit sky.com/roaminginfo"

So it sounds like miscommunication from Sky at best, or an ill-though out excuse to get rid of you at worst.  You should see what Sky make of that!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion