Discussion topic: SOS permanently showing

This message was authored by Fergy31 This message was authored by: Fergy31

Re: SOS permanently showing

@Chloe-W22 @Thank you but this is not intermittent -woken up for day 3 of holiday (150 miles on road today) and still no signal on my or husbands phone. Apple Store in Toronto had 49 customers in from UK asking for help for this issue.  Please raise as major issue. 

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

Hi @Chloe-W22 

This isn't really an intermittent issue. It's been ongoing since sky dealt with the  roaming outrage early in the week where people from Europe were complaining.

I don't see it being a small number of people either as everyone on sky who I talk to is having the same issues they just can't do anything about it because they can't call sky to fix it. 

My issue is people need access to the service they are paying for and we are not getting it. This problem has been going on for days. Do Sky have any idea when it will be resolved? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CraigH19 

See post 2 currently showing as the answer for ease of finding the latest update from Sky posted this morning. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

Hi @Chloe-W22  will we be getting refunded the £2's we've paid when we've actually managed to get 4G for all of an hour or so? I paid yesterday and Sky have charged me despite me not getting full usage out of it?? Rather frustrating as you can imagine. Thanks. 

This message was authored by Gizmoworld7 This message was authored by: Gizmoworld7

I am really disappointed with Sky by the fact that this issue is still ongoing,  Neither my partner nor i can use Sky passport.  We bought a 30 day tourist SIM card in downtown Vancouver on Thursday and topped this up to attempt an international call to UK. That didn't work but at least we have been able to text and email my brother to ask him to let our elderly mother know that we arrived safely in Canada.  Shocking really that we can't use our sky SIM cards. Seriously thinking about moving away from Sky mobile when I get back to the UK.  I understand things can go wrong for a few hours but this has moved on to a few days with nothing from Sky to say when resolved nor how much we will be charged for the few minutes when there was some connection.  

This message was authored by LittleMo44 This message was authored by: LittleMo44

Visiting Canada suddenly showing emergency calls only no service

I'm visiting my daughter in SK, Canada, I've been here three weeks and my phone has been fine, then on Wednesday it suddenly said "emergency calls only no service". I did the chat box thing with Sky and followed all the things they told me to do but my phone is still the same. I'm on my own and it's a long journey when I fly back to the UK and I need my phone, can anyone please help?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Visiting Canada suddenly showing emergency calls only no service

@LittleMo44 

The post marked as the answer says that it is being investigated because as you can see you are not the only one with this issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Visiting Canada suddenly showing emergency calls only no service

@LittleMo44 

I've merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by LittleMo44 This message was authored by: LittleMo44

Can they tell us any more, please, something proper?

It doesn't sound like a "small number of customers" and it doesn't sound intermittent either. Mine has been off since Wednesday afternoon here and it's now Friday mid morning. 

This message was authored by CraigH19 This message was authored by: CraigH19

Has anyone had an update because there is still no signal. Seem to be getting nowhere with this issue 

MichelleJ81
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichelleJ81 This message was authored by: MichelleJ81

@CraigH19  mine was working earlier today: not sure why no one from Sky is keeping us updated on this thread given how many people have had issues with it. @Chloe-W22  can you provide an update asap as this has affected a lot of people? 

This message was authored by desrturner This message was authored by: desrturner

Re: No Mobile Signal while abroad

I am in Canada and have had continuing issues with data roaming and cell calls.  Intermittently get 4G - when other users are getting 5G - but sooner or later 'SOS' keeps appearing, and I've gone through all the online steps suggested by Sky and still nothing: can't get data, can't make or receive calls, can't receive or send texts.  When data has, briefly, become available, my £2 roaming pass charge is triggered, but ability to actually use data disappears shortly after!  How can Sky let this, clearly long standing and yet unresolved (judging by these threads) issues persist?  I need to be contactable and to contact others but Sky Mobile appears hell bent on preventing that.  And what's the use of having roaming abroad if the help function only runs on UK opening hours?

Come on, Sky, this simply isn't good enough.

This message was authored by Lnbarnes24 This message was authored by: Lnbarnes24

I am also facing the same issues. Is there update to when this will be fixed?

This message was authored by Adam+Ellis This message was authored by: Adam+Ellis

Still got the issue, not intermittent, seriously making our holiday difficult!! Please provide us with an update on when it will be fixed. 

This message was authored by JohnB48 This message was authored by: JohnB48

Another 2 iphones in Canada with the same problem.  Returned from Alaska yesterday and similar problem on both mine and my wife's mobiles. Maybe not as intermitent and small number of users as first thought.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion