Discussion topic: Restricted services

This message was authored by Rachyrach11 This message was authored by: Rachyrach11

Restricted services

My phone has been restricted, I cannot call sky as my phone is restricted my bill is paid. The chat bot says my bill is paid and I can't get to an agent. It has been paid for over 24 hours and the account says nothing is left to pay but on the home page of app and my sky on the browser it says I'm still restricted 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Restricted services

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rachyrach11 wrote:

Ridiculous  that you can't call sky when you're phone is restricted.

Have you tried the 150 (just that) number ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you have only just paid this bill and you were late in doing this you will also need to set up or set it up again your payment method on your account so a credit or debit card or a direct debit. Once you have done this the payment has to be cleared by the banks so this might not happen until Tuesday 2nd at the earliest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Rachyrach11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rachyrach11 This message was authored by: Rachyrach11

Hi, 

thanks yes I did set up the payment method again. 

I think they're might be something wrong with their system possibly as well, when you open the restricted notice it says I have £45.77 outstanding but when you click through it says it's paid and the chat it says it's paid. 

Ridiculous  that you can't call sky when you're phone is restricted. I thought most companies had a separate number where you could get straight through. I'm not impressed. A text warning or something would have been nice too so I could see the payment hadn't gone n through. I could have sorted it out earlier. My sons and my phone cut off now. I only realised it was restricted because my data was slow so I logged on to my sky to roll data thinking it had nearly run out and saw the bill was outstanding.

not happy with this  service, leaving a single mum and her son with no phone. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Rachyrach11
Topic Author

I should have added the payment was made and new payment set up early morning 29th. Also what makes me think there might be something wrong with their system is that my old bills all say 0. There's nothing on the pdf, no bill amount last few months it all now says 0. That's on the bill not just the account balance. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rachyrach11 wrote:

A text warning or something would have been nice too so I could see the payment hadn't gone n through. I could have sorted it out earlier. 

@Rachyrach11 
If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will attempt it again 10 calendar days later. 

After 10 days, if that second automatic attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is only 1 attempt made for a card payment.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Rachyrach11 wrote:

Ridiculous  that you can't call sky when you're phone is restricted.

Have you tried the 150 (just that) number ?

Rachyrach11
Topic Author

Hi, thank you I'll remember that for next time, I thought that was just the EE number not generic for phone services. 

all sorted now, I used my friends to call. lifted straight away. I can't be bothered to complain now but will after new year. 

happy new year to you! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion