Discussion topic: Previous bill and next due payment dates overlap and may be charged twice

This message was authored by rose16 This message was authored by: rose16

Previous bill and next due payment dates overlap and may be charged twice

Recently started a monthly contract, containing Iphone 15 Pro Max for £39, 25 GB data plan for £8 (since it was half off for the first 6 months) , and also an accessory of airpods for £7. This is a total of this was £54. I made an account and purchased them on the 23/01/2024. I delayed the arrival until the 25/01/2024 and that is when the sim was activated. 

I am not sure if the money was deducted at this point as I cannot access banking today but I will check tomorrow. The bill statement for this states 25 Jan-24 Feb. However, it says on my account that the payment is due for 29 Jan-28 Feb. Are these separate payments and will I be charged twice?

Also, today I changed my data plan to the 10 GB data plan and now it is the full £11 instead of the £5.50 which I understand is probably because of it not being part of the offer anymore if I switch. However, the bill says £57 now, so would I have been charged £54 and now the £57?

Please help me out as I am a bit confused, I understand the billing after the first month however it is just the fact that the previous bill and due payment dates overlap which makes me think I'll be charged twice. 

If anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Previous bill and next due payment dates overlap and may be charged twice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rose16 wrote:

The bill statement for this states 25 Jan-24 Feb. However, it says on my account that the payment is due for 29 Jan-28 Feb. Are these separate payments and will I be charged twice?

What do each of the bills say the payments are for as only you can see this information so what does it say, is one for the sim and phone  for example and the other other for the airpods ?

@rose16 wrote:

Also, today I changed my data plan to the 10 GB data plan and now it is the full £11 instead of the £5.50 which I understand is probably because of it not being part of the offer anymore if I switch. However, the bill says £57 now, so would I have been charged £54 and now the £57?

The plan will change straight away when increasing it so you might pay a few more pounds than usual as you are billed from the date you change it to the next bill and for the next month so that might be where the extra £3 has come from so what does next months bill show regarding this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
rose16
Topic Author

Thank you for your response.

Both payments are for the same things. The previous bill is for the phone, sim plan, and airpods, seemingly taken on the 25th of Jan. The next due bill is apparently 29th of Jan, new value is fine I understand that the changes in the plan lead to that. But, the dates for the same things overlap so I am just confused. One says 25 Jan-24 Feb and the other says 29 Jan-28 Feb. So, I just don't want to pay for seemingly two contracts when it is the same stuff. Hope that makes sense.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It does seem a bit odd that you are being twice and a few days apart so you might want to ask Sky about this. 150 is the number to call them on from your mobile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
rose16
Topic Author

I thought so too, I will look into my banking tomorrow and see my due dates more clearly on my plan to see if I am actually being charged full twice.

Thank you for your assistance nonetheless.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion