Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by smokey-paul This message was authored by: smokey-paul

Re: OTP not being sent

This issue has started happening on my 'phone in the past couple of days.  To date OTPs from NS&I, Barclays, Master Card have failed to arrive.  Fortunately I have been able to use apps from the last two to authenticate payments.

Validation via OTPs  is a critical aspect of modern online transactions, and it is ridiculous that Sky Mobile is unable - suddenly, so it's some change you've effected - to process these.

GET IT FIXED, PDQ!

This message was authored by Suewhitts This message was authored by: Suewhitts

One time passcodes are being blocked from my bank

one time passcodes are being blocked from my bank

This message was authored by western1897 This message was authored by: western1897

Ive been able to get around NS & I by turning off the Sky screening function on my landline and using that number.  Sadly it didnt work for a commercial financial organisation.

Serious issue this especially for folk struggling with bank access.

This message was authored by western1897 This message was authored by: western1897

Yes it worked thanks with NS & I, but not with an investment site.  Dont understand...............

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@smokey-paul @Suewhitts 

Have you used the form mentioned in the post temporarily shown as the answer on Page 1? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

That form has been live for over a month and the problem persists - that's not a solution SKY!!

This message was authored by carlawood1975 This message was authored by: carlawood1975

Thankfully the giffgaff sim that I ordered on Thursday has arrived today. We tried, for about the hundredth time, to get into my daughters bank account and still no otp, so the new sim has been activated and a number port requested. 

Im sorry but this situation is simply unacceptable. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@western1897 

That link was added on Friday unless it's somewhere else in the depths of 26 pages, and I'm not Sky. I'm just pointing out the link to customers who may have just seen this thread. 

Sky customer since 2001

The link was first posted on page1 and it appears nothing has happened since 

@western1897 wrote:

The link was first posted on page1 and it appears nothing has happened since 

@western1897 

Incorrect. If you look at the date of that post it was Friday 29 March. Because it's currently showing as the answer it's showing as Post 2 so it's easier to find rather than on page twenty something. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by RetiredTaxman This message was authored by: RetiredTaxman

@western1897

It seems random in its effect. Yesterday :-

I signed on to my Santander accounts which I do through the website using my laptop which only occasionally requires an OTP, carried out two transactions neither of which generated an OTP

I signed onto the Yorkshire Building Society which does require an OTP, but it came through with no problem, although knowing there was a problem I could have used my landline (not Sky)

I signed onto the Civil Service Pension site and the OTP came through.

Using my iPad and the app I signed onto the Halifax site, but no OTP was asked for.

I

This message was authored by atc This message was authored by: atc

@Daniel0210 @western1897 

Daniel is correct but you are almost correct western1987 because quite obviously not enough has been done or communicated, 

This message was authored by Jasper2344 This message was authored by: Jasper2344

OTP still not resolved between Sky and Santander

Just a heads up that Sky still havent resolved the OTP issue at all. I have been on to sky today and they are still working on it. I was told from a customer service manager that i needed to wait for the network team to resolve the issue.The representative i spoke to had spoken with a customer today who has been experiencing this problem for over a month now. No time scale can be given as to when this will be fixed. Who is driving for a resolution??   Clearly not enough people as if this was a network issue that affected billing it would be resolved quickly. Santander are receiving multiple calls daily from sky mobile customers and can omnly change the method of OTP to email but cannot fix this problem. Come on Sky resolve this issue or risk losing thousands of customers to other mobile networks where OTP does work.

Re: OTP still not resolved between Sky and Santander

@Jasper2344 

I've moved your post into the main thread discussing OTP issues. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Madingley This message was authored by: Madingley

Don't quote me on this, nut after a call with Santander this afternoon, they advised me that Sky have promised a 'fix' to the problem which is hopefully being downloaded shortly. The lady I spoke to is calling me back tomorrow afternoon about 4pm to hopefully confirm it is actually happening if this is yet another false alarm, she is going to set me up with alternative OTP email address.

I'm not too surecifcthiscinformation helps those whose issues are not between Sky and Santander.

Watch this space!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion