Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Lucy21 This message was authored by: Lucy21

Re: last Re: OTP not being sent

Some have compensation - £7 or £10 / I've asked and they wanted 3 days and times I've tried and are now thinking about it!! 😡

This message was authored by Scott+A This message was authored by: Scott+A

Re: OTP not being sent

I've just had a pile of SMS through. 

I've also just tested OTP that wasn't working on Monday for ringo parking - it came through straight away. 

This message was authored by Charliem333 This message was authored by: Charliem333

Had no Opt sent from Santander again just now so problem not fix.

This message was authored by Duncsy This message was authored by: Duncsy

My otp is working now.  Not sure if fix was due to Santander or Sky, but Santander were very helpful whereas Sky were rubbish (as usual).

This message was authored by Mrstiddy This message was authored by: Mrstiddy

@GD1 

yes I have . I've been having trouble with OTPS since the start on march I was told to change my sim my sky advisor a few times . I've done what they told me to do now I can't even use my phone to make calls or receive call . Still not receiving OTPS  . My point I was trying to say is why don't they pass information over to the right people . Instead of just removing sentences from peoples comments, try paying for something that you can't use 

This message was authored by Georgeyerou This message was authored by: Georgeyerou

Hi All, 

my mobile network is with EE, however I am unable to get my OTP with Cater Allen. Anyone had this issue who isn't a Sky customer?

This message was authored by Helsie This message was authored by: Helsie

I moved to Sky a few days ago and am regretting it as I'm not getting any OTPs so can't access any of my online banking apps (Chase is a particularly annoying one as they will only let you verify with OTPs). I logged it with Sly on Tuesday but haven't heard anything from them despite the lady saying someone would contact me. 
I know they have said it's a bigger problem than just me but it's very frustrating and I wish I'd stayed wirh EE at the moment.

This message was authored by Katherine10 This message was authored by: Katherine10

I have not reviewed my otp from Cater Allen, its Bank Holiday weekend and I need some money.  I've just started a new job so don't get paid for a few weeks.  Absolute nightmare.  Has anyone any advice please 🙏 

This message was authored by Desperate2 This message was authored by: Desperate2

Me neither. It's been a week now Sky is blocking my OTP from Santander. I've spoken to them three times and they say Sky are aware of the problem. That doesn't help me, I've had enough. Think I'll need to change provider.

This message was authored by Desperate2 This message was authored by: Desperate2

Still not working 29 March.

This message was authored by JohnW102 This message was authored by: JohnW102

Sky are in breach of contract so you should be able to change to another provider without penalty, I changed 2 days ago to GiffGaff using eSIM, transfer was doone within 24 hours and I had access to my OTP straight away, which enabled me to do all my banking needs prior to the Bank Holiday break, keeping same phone number.

This message was authored by djb59 This message was authored by: djb59

This is a new problem for me.  I noticed it yesterday when trying to pay off my credit card.  I thought the problem was with my bank but, after much searching, I found this thread and realised it was a Sky problem.   The delay means I'm paying extra interest.   It looks like this has been an issue for a long time and I'm surprised Sky haven't fixed it.   Don't take your customers for granted

This message was authored by Kerry_C This message was authored by: Kerry_C

I'm not receiving any OTP from Santander, just bought new phone and replaced the sky sim, all other codes are being received but nothing from Santander. 
The bank have checked and confirmed the code is being sent. 
Also, and not sure if this is connected but iMessage is also not working. 

This message was authored by Max+graham This message was authored by: Max+graham

I haven't been receiving otp's from Santander since 12th March, the issue is with sky not the bank, there is no end in sight to them fixing the problem. I have been promised it would be resolved in 48-72 hours every time I have called sky . Finally this morning I spoke to a British contact centre who apologised and said I should never have been promised anything as there is no update as to when this will be fixed!! And to wit another week which will take me up to a month without being able to access my account. 
my solution phone Santander they will switch your otp code to be sent to your email address instead of your phone it takes an hour to imbed and you will be able to access your bank account.

im disgusted with sky and the absolute lack of honesty and clarity in every call I made until I spoke with them today and got told the truth 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you for continuing to feedback on this issue. 

We are looking to collate information  from users on Community.  By collecting this data we'll be able to investigate individual examples and work with the correct teams to reach a resolution on this.

Please retry requesting an OTP from the relevant business you are requesting this from and if it is still not working, fill in the following link here: https://forms.office.com/e/dUU97GjGSU

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion