Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Madingley This message was authored by: Madingley

Re: OTP not being sent

Well said DH29. The very least that Sky should have done is issue an apology and full explanation as to what is going on, and what exactly will they be doing to resolve this dire situation, once and for all!

My husband and I have been Sky customers for over 24 years. If he was still alive I would be urging him to look for 'alternative facilities' to Sky. I am far from happy about this ongoing situation. Come clean Sky, what the he'll is going on????

This message was authored by Jasywassy This message was authored by: Jasywassy

Maybe depends on the bank. I'm with Cater Allen which is part of Santander group. Whilst painful I was able to make payments to a limit and had to keep repeating the process to get out what I needed. Appreciate that might not work for everyone.

This message was authored by PaulFryer1 This message was authored by: PaulFryer1

Hi 

I am not receiving OTP from my bank. Santander. Is there any update re: this?

Thank you 

This message was authored by JohnW102 This message was authored by: JohnW102

Just wonder if anybody has tried using eSIM and if that made any difference?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PaulFryer1 

See the post from staff temporarily marked as the answer for the most recent update. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mrstiddy This message was authored by: Mrstiddy

I've tried but no one is replying, 

I've just been reading through The comments are you reading the same ones I am because I can't see any positive ones

I've been having this issue for awhile you've advises are lying to people they told me to change my Sim card. I've now changed my Sim card now my phone won't ring or receive calls what is going on

This message was authored by DH29 This message was authored by: DH29

Many thanks Daniel 0210

However, it is simply not good enough.  The financial/telecoms industry has totally embedded IT/Apps into everything which means we are now totally reliant, so when it goes wrong it immediately impacts.  Banking especially as branches are at a minimum.

It is not Satander's fault however, they lack contingency planning for an event like this and are awkward in trying to find a solution and they will lose customers.

I have never had this problem before and I am surproised no one has given any indication on how this happended and when will it get fixed, just heads in the sand by both Santander and Sky.  Has SKY been hacked ?

This message was authored by Jeanmcg This message was authored by: Jeanmcg

OTP

Hi is there any update on issues with not receiving OTP by text to sky mobile. This has been on going for sometime. 

This message was authored by Rob2MG This message was authored by: Rob2MG

Since swapping to a new phone on 25/3/24 OTPs for Santander Bank do not arrive.   On reverting to my prior phone (Nokia 😎 which was working ok before I changed phones, I now have the same problem, i.e. I do not receive OTPs from Santander bank either.   My current phone is a Pixel 6a.  The APN settings are the same as my Wifes Pixel 6 Pro phone which receives OTPs from Santander successfully.  This 6 Pro phone has however not received updated APN settings since bought 2 years ago. 

In addition the request mobile settings function on the Sky website fails to resend network settings on request.  The Sky website also fails to send a text confirmation code to my phone when I try to request an eSIM. 

Curiously OTPs form banks other than Santander are received.

Does anyone have a solution to the problem(s)?  The fact that I did not receive a text from Sky when requesting an eSIM indicates to me the problem is with Sky's Network.

Find it very interesting that I've had my post censored and had a message from somebody that works at sky, but nobody has actually got in touch with me sent me a message email or anything like that regarding my issue of my phone not working clearly they don't like it when people speak the truth

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mrstiddy wrote:

I'm disabled and I've been left without phone

@Mrstiddy 
In your circumstances it may be worth being registered with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/ 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Mrstiddy wrote:

Find it very interesting that I've had my post censored and had a message from somebody that works at sky, but nobody has actually got in touch with me sent me a message email or anything like that regarding my issue of my phone not working clearly they don't like it when people speak the truth

Sky Staff here don't have access to your account, they couldn't call you either.  The Community Managers look after the community they can't fix OTP issues.

Not receiving OTP's shouldn't affect your phone from making or receiving calls.

Have you reached out to the accessibility team as per @Daniel0210  post?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by BNBM19 This message was authored by: BNBM19

It's been 6days now and still not receiving OTP's. According to Santander its a 2nd party issue related to Sky. (O2). Luckily I'm out of contract, so I have just requested and received my PAC code and after Easter I'm finding another mobile service that is reliable. Due to a disablility, I do my shopping online and need those codes. Been with Sky mobile for over 10 years and this is really shoddy. They could at least post something keeping us updated. Silence speaks volumes.

This message was authored by Peter8898 This message was authored by: Peter8898

last Re: OTP not being sent

Hi Sky,

It's been over a week since i last recieved an OTP code,  like most here i don't have access to my online banking website. It's becoming an issue.

Surely it's time for Sky to talk about compensation ?

regards

Peter

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion