Discussion topic: Number transfer

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Number transfer

I moved to sky mobile using a pac code and kept my phone number. But recently when I text or phone it comes up as the number on the SIM card.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Number transfer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If Sky have said your number has transfered then it might need updating via your phone.

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone.

If it is an Android phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

If Sky have said your number has transfered then it might need updating via your phone.

If this is an iphone go to Settings - Phone - My Number and change it if it is wrong, then reboot the phone.

If it is an Android phone go to About Phone > My Phone number, change it and reboot the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by gavlar38 This message was authored by: gavlar38

I have transferred from EE to Sky.

PAC code used. I have received text & email confirming number has successfully ported.

My number is not showing as My Number in settings/phone - it is still showing the temp Sky number associated with the Sky SIM.

I have tried (multiple times over 2 days since port confirmed) to manually update the phone number.

I have tried with iMessage & Facetime turned on & turned off (as per other advice I found online).

Nothing is working.

Sky can't help - according to them they can see the correct ported number is associated with the account/SIM.

I'm concerned because I've received a notification saying my number is registered to my Apple ID but not associated with the phone & I only have 25 days left.

Is this an Apple issue & how can I fix it - don't know where else to go?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@gavlar38 

A replacement sim could well fix these issues as it will come with the transferred  number:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim

This message was authored by gavlar38 This message was authored by: gavlar38

My SIM is a new SIM, from Sky, which replaced my EE one

My old number from EE has been ported & Sky are saying it is now associated with the Sky SIM (account) 

So not sure another SIM would fix it? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Give it a try as it has sorted for people previously who have posted on here with the same issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion