Discussion topic: Not receiving all calls

This message was authored by EmmaSue This message was authored by: EmmaSue

Not receiving all calls

I have been receving reports that people can't get through to me ocasionally. Even when my phone is on and I apparently have signal.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My Gramps sometimes finds that he can't ring me. It tells him my number is incorrect when he is in fact dialing the right number (it's in his contact list so it's not a typo or user error) or it goes straight through to voicemail when in fact my phone is on. My husband is terminally ill and the first time this happened my Gramps rang my mum in a panic, thinking about my mental health, but my mum was able to ring me. She then went to his house, thinking it was a problem with his landline. She couldn't ring me from his landline but she could on her mobile. But she found nothing wrong with his landline, he was able to call other people.

Then, two weeks ago, I was waiting for a call back from Citizens Advice and they emailed me saying they had tried 5x and couldn't get through. So now I am inclined to think it is a network problem.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Not receiving all calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using Wi-Fi calling, if not for this to be nvestigated you will need to call Sky on 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
EmmaSue
Topic Author
This message was authored by EmmaSue This message was authored by: EmmaSue

Re: Not receiving all calls

Thank you. I called Sky and they instructed me to "reset mobile network" in my settings. Doing so seems to have worked as my Gramps was able to ring me to test it. But only time will tell. Whether he is able to get in touch with me every time he needs to. But hopefully that has sorted it and now I know what to do in the future. If I can remember where that setting exactly is in settings.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion