Discussion topic: No signal or data

This message was authored by Matt_irwin96 This message was authored by: Matt_irwin96

No signal or data

Hello,

I joined sky last week and left o2. I used the pac code to keep my old number but today when it was due to go live I cannot make any calls or use data. I got a text to confirm my old number was live but when I try to call somebody it just says "this person is on another call". I cannot call the helpline number to sort it out as it keeps saying this person is on another call...

stuck and don't know what to do

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: No signal or data

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky can also be contacted via social media as there are links to their sites at the bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by MikeYiannis This message was authored by: MikeYiannis

Switched today and not working, getting message "sorry the person you're calling is on another call" with any number I dial, including voicemail!

Matt_irwin96
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matt_irwin96 This message was authored by: Matt_irwin96

Exact same as myself. I got a response from an online chat saying - you will just have to wait 24hrs and if it's not working get back in touch with the team. 

no help at all. I work shift work with no access to phone so it will be the weekend before I have a chance to talk to somebody about it. Nightmare 

This message was authored by MikeYiannis This message was authored by: MikeYiannis

Yep have tried everything too, hopefully will sort itself out overnight.........

This message was authored by Danielcox1 This message was authored by: Danielcox1

I'm having the same issue, got the text last Thursday and have been going back and forth and they are now saying the earliest they can look at it again is the 12th!! 

The phone is showing signal 3G/4g and sometimes 5g but can't do anything unless I'm connected to WiFi 

This message was authored by Daniel19912 This message was authored by: Daniel19912

I had issues last night with my data connection. It was disconnecting saying no service intermittently and even when I had full 5g signal it would not connect to the internet but it was working fine this morning 

Matt_irwin96
Topic Author

Still not sorted. Still cannot make calls, receive them or use data. 

this is the worst start to being a new customer I've ever experienced 

This message was authored by Danielcox1 This message was authored by: Danielcox1

I've cancelled the contract now and sending the phone back, I've managed to port my number over to O2 I'm paying £5 a month more but phone was ready to use as soon as I turned it on straight out the box 

I gave up as well, ported number to Vodafone and all sorted within 24 hours with an eSIM. Sky Mobile has been quite possibly the worst consumer experience ever! I'm now moving 5 family phones too

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed campaigning.

This message was authored by Jane112 This message was authored by: Jane112

I'm having same issues, can not make calls data is working at times but keeps going on and off 

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

You guys are not alone see post below, up to or nearly 80 posts.

"New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion