Discussion topic: No service after replacement sim

This message was authored by SlashdotSlash This message was authored by: SlashdotSlash

No service after replacement sim

Phone was stolen so I managed to borrow an old iPhone 6S. Replacement sim arrived, activated and installed. I have bars showing 4G reception, but I cannot use Data, texts or calls. I have checked the mobile APN settings, which are correct. I have waited 72 hours, reset network settings, reset phone etc etc.

I need my phone to work now, can anyone advise?

Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: No service after replacement sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does any network issues show here for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SlashdotSlash
Topic Author
This message was authored by SlashdotSlash This message was authored by: SlashdotSlash

All services are showing as fine

SlashdotSlash
Topic Author

I have gone out to another area (8 miles away), to rule out the mast. I still have the same problem. I have noticed though that i can take facetime audio calls while not on wifi, and mobile data for apps is working. I just cannot make or receive calls mainly now, i can live with everything else.

When i make a call i notice the 4G icon disappears and then comes back after a rotating circular icon.

I have also removed all other idevices from my apple account to rule that out too.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion