Discussion topic: No Service Outside the EU & Turkey

This message was authored by Kev13 This message was authored by: Kev13

No Service Outside the EU & Turkey

So I travel quite alot and since October 23 as soon as I leave Turkey my service stops working. 
I've been through just about every process to try and establish a service but to no avail. 
The compaints team have refered my issue to their network team but they just come back with the usual processes that I have been through a thousand times. 
one point of note is the networks they suggest I join dont actually look like the networks that pop up when I do a manual network search. ie they're not spelt the same. Not such if that is an issue but I have sent them screen shots of this for them to investigate. 
Another point of irritation is the fact I have incurred data charges for international usage, when I am not joined to a network and so have not received the usual SMS message welcoming me to a country and laying out costs/charges for use. 
Any ideas would be welcomed as I think the Sky team have run out of them so I am now looking at changing my provider

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: No Service Outside the EU & Turkey

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kev13 wrote:

So I travel quite alot and since October 23 as soon as I leave Turkey my service stops working. 

Leave to Turkey to where?  If back to the UK then check your SIM application setting is 'home' rather than 'abroad'.

(You don't mention what phone you have to give precise instructions in where this setting is)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Kev13
Topic Author

Hi I travel to Iraq. The SIM applications that you are referring to I've done those a thousand times. I've even been so far as to reset my iPhone 12 back to factory condition. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Iraq is a 'rest of world' roaming tariff - which is expensive (£2.16 for MEG of data), not covered by the £2/24 hour passport.

The spendcap would have to be set accordingly.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Kev13
Topic Author

Hi PandJ2020,

fully understand the costs of using a mobile service outside of the EU I've been doing this for over 15 years. Prior to October 2023 I had no service issues. After October 2023 access to any mobile services stopped. Sky say they work but they don't. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion