Discussion topic: Moved existing Sky SIM into new phone - can't connect to network.

This message was authored by Kiwiem This message was authored by: Kiwiem

Moved existing Sky SIM into new phone - can't connect to network.

Hi, I recently received a new Iphone 13 mini from Sky and have transferred my data over to it from my old phone. Everything is working fine except I can't connect to the Sky network so can't make calls. Any suggestions?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Moved existing Sky SIM into new phone - can't connect to network.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Go to sky.com/networksettings (My Account > Mobile > Settings) and sign in with your Sky iD.
Select the mobile number or SIM name you're having trouble with.
Scroll to 'Resend network settings' and select Request settings.
Save the settings when your receive them and reboot your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Kiwiem
Topic Author

Hi, Thanks for your response. I've tried that several times and just get a message saying 'Sorry, we've been unable to resend network settings at this time. Please try again later.'

For context, I was on an old iphone 7. Bought a new iphone 13 mini but didn't switch the data plan correctly - apparently I should have simply upgraded. Called Sky, spoke to a helpful chap who sorted the issue with the data plan but I had to buy a new iphone 13 (arrived yesterday) and have to send the previous 'new' one back (super-complicated).  So the SIM was transferred from iphone 13 mini to iphone 13 mini last night but now the new one has no network.

Kiwiem
Topic Author

Oh, and when I look on the phone in settings under network provider it shows Sky, but under Network it says 'Not available' and then 'Phone not allowed'.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to a private chat to Kiwiem. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Kiwiem. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Kiwiem
Topic Author

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, but actually, the chat was closed at your end once the last person I connected with advised that the 'new' phone I had been sent by Sky was officially registered as lost or stolen via the IMEI number. I am very unclear how that can happen, to be honest, and have not received a satisfactory answer given it's caused a huge amount of stress and lost time. I tried to message on the same chat again but there appeared either to be a technical error or someone at your end had closed it. Anyway, I called Sky the next day and have arranged a return of the device.

Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion