Discussion topic: Mobile restricted

This message was authored by Robert+Wynne This message was authored by: Robert+Wynne

Mobile restricted

Payments have not been taken from my account for my Sky  mobile. I hadn't realised and the bill went up to £620. I'm not very good  at managing things my myself and my carer hadn't noticed. I presumed it had been getting paid I've had no letters or messages from any to say it was in debt. I've now had my services restricted and this leaves me very vulnerable. I cant call sky and the online chat is useless. I really need to have my phone on and would like it know if Icould  come to some arrangement with Sky to have my services restored if I agree to a payment plan. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Mobile restricted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert+Wynne  You're not talking to Sky via the forum, however Sky don't do payment plans unless on a legitimately closed account.    Sky also won't reinstate services untull the balance is paid in full, this is the same process for all customers.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert+Wynne 
Unfortunately if your Sky services have been restricted Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what (Sky believe) is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Also, any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday isn’t likely to be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Robert+Wynne ,

Just to add further to points already raised on this thread.  You do also have full details on our guidence for restricted mobile accounts on Sky.com here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-account-restricted

If you are already registered with Sky Accessibility, you can also speak with our accessibility team using the contact option from the page here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/accessibility-information-sky-mobile-broadband-and-talk-customers 

Thanks,

Daniel

Community Moderator

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion