Discussion topic: Mobile cut off

This message was authored by rik2 This message was authored by: rik2

Mobile cut off

I in Francewith very limited Wi-Fi and am using data mainly. I've been here since July. I  was told I'd used 10g and now I can't use more until the next billing period which is 7th October, 11days away.
I have 20g data on my phone and my spendcap is £100. I travel home on the 7th and all my tickets are on the phone and I have to fill in details for some tickets before I go.  
One scrolling message indicated that I could only use the phone for emergency. 

I keep in touch with home via email and social media too and so this is worrying but it's the loss of access to my tickets that is upsetting me the most.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Mobile cut off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rik2 wrote:

I  was told I'd used 10g and now I can't use more until the next billing period which is 7th October, 11days away.

If you have used your monthly data allowance up and have no spare data in your piggybank then you could increase your data to a higher package as this should start straight away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
rik2
Topic Author

Thanks. I have rolled back at least 20g and thought that would be OK. But apparently not.  Perhaps I'll have to go up a Plan, though from what I read here I won't be able to get back to the 3g one I have. I almost never use data at home and don't need more than 3. 

rik2
Topic Author

I am able to use data now. I don't know why unless it took over a day to log my rollover from the  piggbank. I note also that the carrier was SFR  for the time I was cut off and now it's back to Orange FR which it has been always before.  Maybe that had something to do with it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion