Discussion topic: Keep sim card

This message was authored by Pj+casey This message was authored by: Pj+casey

Keep sim card

Hi can you help. Order my son new iphone 15 it says it requires esim but he has physical sim wants to keep this and his number. Didn't know this till odered and confirmation sent. Not received phond yet but dont want to open it if its not possible to use his sim card and keep his number and data plan. Can you advise us Thankyou 

Best Answers
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw Answer

Re: Keep sim card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes @Pj+casey  he can use his current sim, in the USA iPhone 15 no longer come with a physical sim slot so an esim is required. The 15's supplied by sky still have a sim slot, but as I said, this will probably change to the same as the USA for future iPhones. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @Pj+casey  yes, just put his current sim in the new phone and his number and data plan will continue as now. You don't yet have to have an esim although that may change soon with future iPhones. 

Pj+casey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pj+casey This message was authored by: Pj+casey

Thankyou for you reply 

on reading information sky set regarding setting up iphone it say it requires a ESIM rather than physical sim. And sent information how to set up can he still put his sim card into iphone. Thanks for you advise much appreciated 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw Answer

Yes @Pj+casey  he can use his current sim, in the USA iPhone 15 no longer come with a physical sim slot so an esim is required. The 15's supplied by sky still have a sim slot, but as I said, this will probably change to the same as the USA for future iPhones. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion