Discussion topic: Issues with piggybank and sky store vouchers

This message was authored by Scodo This message was authored by: Scodo

Issues with piggybank and sky store vouchers

I usually store my piggybank balance then exchange for sky store vouchers and enjoy movies cashing in 25gb for a  £10 voucher but now only option I have is cash in 5gb for £5 off costing me money to use my piggybank balance. I would like to know when this will be fixed and I can then get vouchers with money I have already paid for with my data as I have over 200gb of data with no way to use now 😞 as I do not find it beneficial to spend money just to use my balance and extremely disappointed now 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Bains6665 This message was authored by: Bains6665 Answer

Re: Issues with piggybank and sky store vouchers

so now sky have taken off sky store vouchers exchange with mobile data, dissapointed again as i wanted a £10 voucher, what are sky playing at? if we can't be rewarded for our mobile plans im considering changing provider not happy

Mr Anonymous

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not sure when it changed but I'm sure it did so this is the way it is now so I don't think there is anything to be fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Hassie This message was authored by: Hassie

Just come across same issue you have flagged. This is devious of sky as means you now have to pay cash on top of using the piggy bank which was not the case before. Very sneaky and not impressed.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Scodo wrote:

I usually store my piggybank balance then exchange for sky store vouchers and enjoy movies cashing in 25gb for a  £10 voucher but now only option I have is cash in 5gb for £5 off costing me money to use my piggybank balance. I would like to know when this will be fixed and I can then get vouchers with money I have already paid for with my data as I have over 200gb of data with no way to use now 😞 as I do not find it beneficial to spend money just to use my balance and extremely disappointed now 

I was going to start a new thread as I very nearly spent £10 to buy a £10 Store Voucher by mistake so thanks for this. I've been considering moving back to GiffGaff even though it'll cost me slightly more, is this the Comcast effect?

This message was authored by Bains6665 This message was authored by: Bains6665

yea its an absolute joke i feel conned, these vouchers should not be charging £5 and should be back to what it was exchanging 25gb of data for a £10 sky store voucher, looks like SKY are trying to make an extra profit- like the prices from sky store aren't already expensive, our custom is not valued, the accessories are mostly charging money for knock off prices, its probably best to find them elsewhere like amazon or ebay, sky need to step up and make us feel more rewarded for our custom

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Bains6665 wrote:

looks like SKY are trying to make an extra profit

That's what businesses do and things change - rarely for the better mind...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Scodo
Topic Author

It's back peeps the cash in 25gb for free sky storr voucher looks like they listened and brought it back

This message was authored by BazJC This message was authored by: BazJC

How do I do it ?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How do you do what ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous6665 This message was authored by: Anonymous6665

here is an update from me personally, well a sudden change, i am now able to exchange 25gb for a £10 sky store voucher at zero cost, looks like Sky have listened, to those who have that extra gb in their piggybanks, tell me does it work for you now? i would like to take this opportunity to inform Sky to never make this mistake again and not to charge your customers for payments towards accessories or plans, gb of data should be able to be used to exchange for zero towards the costs of vouchers and most other accessories from your sites perhaps also towards sky glass tv's as they are a bit dear to the ones who cannot afford such televisions with sky built in, nevertheless, let me know if it works for you and happy viewings to all who enjoy sky store.

Mr Anonymous

This message was authored by Mushie This message was authored by: Mushie

Offer is now closed.

This message was authored by Bains6665 This message was authored by: Bains6665 Answer

so now sky have taken off sky store vouchers exchange with mobile data, dissapointed again as i wanted a £10 voucher, what are sky playing at? if we can't be rewarded for our mobile plans im considering changing provider not happy

Mr Anonymous

Scodo
Topic Author

Now they have completely removed vouchers from mobile accessories ? so now I have 200gb and nowhere to spend it ? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Scodo 

As you've gathered this has been withdrawn by Sky and there has been no announcement as to if or when this might be reinstated.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by imtiazlcfc4life This message was authored by: imtiazlcfc4life

As Sky have now changed this redemption to only £5 off a £10 sky store voucher in exchange for 10GB data, it's not worth staying on as a Sky Mobile sim customer so I'm probably going to cancel my contract now and move to a company that actually values our custom and gives more data for the same price. This voucher exchange thing was the only reason why I stayed with Sky Mobile for 2 years. I think it's about time now that we all quit so it sends them a message!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion