Discussion topic: I want to swap

This message was authored by Hajrah123 This message was authored by: Hajrah123

I want to swap

Hiya, I recently brought a laptop from sky mobile my contract is for 48 months. I just seen today that a newer laptop has come out and I want to swap. But it says I'm not eligible. Please could you tell me why and if so when am I allowed to swap.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I want to swap

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

How recently did you order your laptop as it might be you can not swap until 31 days is up and if you do there is going to be a decent amount to pay off against it.

If you have had it for 31 days or less then you could call Sky to cancel it and return it to them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

for swap36 you'd normally swap when it's 3 years old.

You may be able to swap earlier but it could be costly.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Hajrah123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hajrah123 This message was authored by: Hajrah123

Hiya , I havnt had it for 31 days yet it's fairly new. The thing is I don't wanna just give it back I want to swap it for the newer MacBook 2024 and transfer my bill onto that one.  Can I wait 31 days and maybe try swapping ??

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Hajrah123 wrote:

Hiya , I havnt had it for 31 days yet it's fairly new. The thing is I don't wanna just give it back I want to swap it for the newer MacBook 2024 and transfer my bill onto that one.  Can I wait 31 days and maybe try swapping ??

Swapping so early will cost you hundreds of pounds as the trade in value WILL NOT cover the outstanding balance.  (As I noted the plan is designed to 'swap' at around 3 years [where the trade in value hopefully covers your outstanding credit balance], not 1 month or less).

If you really want to change it then the only sensible way is to use your cooling off period but will involve returning it and getting credit checked again for a new device.  (Which is not guaranteed you'll pass)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion