Discussion topic: I want to return phone as it has broken twice in 10 months

This message was authored by Columv This message was authored by: Columv

I want to return phone as it has broken twice in 10 months

My screen has gone faulty since I got my phone in late August 2023. I have no faith in the phone and want to return it .

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: I want to return phone as it has broken twice in 10 months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As you are about a year into your contract then you can't just return it but you can contact Sky about getting it repaired. If you can make a call then 150 is the number to call Sky on about this.

If you were on Swap12 then you might be able to swap it for another but the only issue is the fault will probably count against you when it's value is assessed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

As you are about a year into your contract then you can't just return it but you can contact Sky about getting it repaired. If you can make a call then 150 is the number to call Sky on about this.

If you were on Swap12 then you might be able to swap it for another but the only issue is the fault will probably count against you when it's value is assessed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Columv
Topic Author
This message was authored by Columv This message was authored by: Columv

I have had 2 new,screens put in my Z flip 5. It is 11 months old.  I am afraid of this happening again,  so I haven't used it from it came back from Samsung’s repair agents. I fee that it is unfit for use and therefore I don't want it anymore.  I would accept a different phone from Samsung.  What are the chances?

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Columv wrote:

I have had 2 new,screens put in my Z flip 5. It is 11 months old.  I am afraid of this happening again,  so I haven't used it from it came back from Samsung’s repair agents. I fee that it is unfit for use and therefore I don't want it anymore.  I would accept a different phone from Samsung.  What are the chances?

@Columv  Slim

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Columv wrote:

@Columv If you can prove the device is unfit due to a manufacturing fault that was present when you purchased the phone then Sky would have to either replace it or offer a refund, however that may be difficult as you've had 2 replacement screens and tey could well say that is not manufacturing faults but is caused by the user(as its unlikely 2 new screens would develop faults).

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion