Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Query.

This message was authored by Barberra This message was authored by: Barberra

Sky Mobile Query.

I'm new to Sky Mobile and am frustrated that I cant speak to anyone . . . or live chat.

Its not about my bill.

I appreciate the Coronavirus is affecting many things - anyone got any suggestions?

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: How do I get to speak to someone?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can call Sky for free from your mobile on the 150 number and when doing so ignore the messages at the start of the call and if it asks you to hangup don't and stay on the line as long as you can.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

@Barberra we are asking customers with issues that can be resolved by using their online accounts to keep the lines free for essential calls, if your call is of an urgent nature and cant be dealt with/explained through Sky online self service you may need to give us a call, when calling 150 from your Sky landline or mobile, there is a voice message that advises we are prioritising vulnerable and key workers but if you feel your call is essential you can stay on the line,
if you get through you will not be refused help. People are reporting its quicker to get through than the time stated.

Hope this helps 

Barberra
Topic Author

Hi @Greenfingers001 

Perhaps you might help.

I've literally just joined Sky mobile ...and the following day my new phone arrived. 

I made a mistake. 

The XS was offered with 256GB for the price of 64GB and I thought this upgrade would happen automatically.

And of course it didn't - so I have  a 64GB phone when I need more memory than that.

I also wanted the International calling to be added to my account and saw this would be offered at checkout . . . and it wasnt. 

So now I have a phone that is the wrong one and insufficient call facility. 

I can't talk to anyone. I've tried phoning but the line goes dead and so probably will cancel everything as I'm finding this too stressful just now. 

Any tips?

Thank you 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

@Barberra If you log into your online account here you'll be able to see what device was ordered in the order tracking section, either way you'll need to speak to someone who can access your account and process a return for the incorrect order. The advisor will also be able to help you order the correct device.

To get through to the correct department, when the system asks please state you want to "cancel a mobile order"

Hope this helps

Barberra
Topic Author

Thank you @Greenfingers001 

This is the problem . . . how do I speak to someone?

If I call, the message is all about Sky serving vulnerable people, key workers etc. 

And then the line goes dead. 

There are no options to state "cancel a mobile order" . . . hence my query here. 

There seems to be no way of emailing anybody - I feel quite cut off!

Any suggestions as to how I could proceed with a call that might possibly be answered?

Many thanks

Posted by a Sky employee

@Barberra You can bypass the automated message, numerous customers that cant resolve their issues online have reported calling and speaking to customer services, i have also just called and got to the point where i am being asked by the system to say what my issue is. Although the system is stating we are only dealing with vunerable and key workers please ignore that as you will not be refused help.

Hope this helps 

Barberra
Topic Author

That sounds perfect . . . what number do I use please @Greenfingers001 

🙂

Barberra
Topic Author

Thanks @Greenfingers001 

Can you recommend the phone number to use please?

🙂

Barberra
Topic Author

Hi @Greenfingers001 

I've tried to reply a few times and am being told that its spam or inappropriate. 

So I'll try again.

I've just called the number that I found  . . .but cant write it here.

There are two recodred messages. Then three long beeps and the line is cut off. This is happening every time. 

I've tried 150 but that takes me to EE (my current provider)

ANy other thoughts?

Many thanks

This message was authored by Tegg16 This message was authored by: Tegg16

Hi, Im trying to get through to a person after sky text me asking me to call, however I keep going around in circles and told we'll tect you, please hang up. what do i do??

This message was authored by EllaMaxLola This message was authored by: EllaMaxLola

I have spent an hour on the phone calling Sky and trying repeatedly to get an automated system to put me in the queue to speak to someone about a technical issue. I have also tried the useless and frustrating virtual chat.

Our internet (not Sky Broadband) keeps dropping out and we cannot complete any downloads without 'resuming connection' which only holds for a few seconds at a time.

The internet serves the whole house and is not dropping out on computers or tablets.

We have a Q-Box with multi-screen function.

The weather has not affected the box.

We have re-booted the system, we have gone through Network re-setting and have done this on numerous occassions over the past week.

I cannot get a human voice to take the call.

We need technical support and simply can't get it, despite paying in excess of £100 a month for our service. It's a disgrace. What do we do? Help please

This message was authored by David+charle This message was authored by: David+charle

By gosh I didn't realise your service would be so bad.

I can't watch Sky and there is no help available 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you should need to do is to phone Sky and then ignore the messages at the start of the call and stay on the line for as long as you can.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by David+charle This message was authored by: David+charle

I have reached the point of exasperation. 

This latest one is rubbish, as the voice promises to connect to someone then requests my mobile number then cuts off.

What dreadful customer service. 

I want everyone to know about this before they sign up,

This message was authored by Welham29 This message was authored by: Welham29

I know how you feel complete joke I'll be leaving rhem

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion