Discussion topic: Has anyone managed to use data or roaming passport while on Norwegian Cruise

This message was authored by Tillyfloss502 This message was authored by: Tillyfloss502

Has anyone managed to use data or roaming passport while on Norwegian Cruise

I am going on a cruise from Southampton to Norwegian fiords was wondering if the £2 a day roaming passport for Norway works at sea ? 

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Has anyone managed to use data or roaming passport while on Norwegian Cruise

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Tillyfloss502  no it doesn't, there is a specific rate for on the sea, it's quite expensive and data roaming isn't included. Some users reported that they were on a cruise ship and connected to the ships system and as it was American then Skys system thought they were roaming in the USA and the £2 charged worked. Not sure if this still works. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Has anyone managed to use data or roaming passport while on Norwegian Cruise

Have a look at page 13 on the guide below for over the sea charges @Tillyfloss502 

https://static.skyassets.com/contentstack/assets/blt7f2b03fd02c7fe60/bltc81a78d72503bf94/6405aeb0aa6...

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

When I last cruised past Norway there were times where I could receive a signal from shore.  (Probably much cheaper than the ship service)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tillyfloss502 wrote:

if the £2 a day roaming passport for Norway works at sea ? 

'at sea', no: when out of range of a land-based cellular mast you're entirely dependent on what the ship provides, which is typically satellite data at a very high cost.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion