Discussion topic: E-sim sky mobile

This message was authored by ianmac123 This message was authored by: ianmac123

Re: E-sim sky mobile

@PandJ2020 going by that list, there are multiple MVNOs that use o2 like Sky and offer eSIMs. It is not a matter of being too difficult to do, but more a matter of priority. Clearly it is not enough of a priority for them, which is fine, that is their prerogative, but it is more of a priority for me from now on and I will choose my network accordingly.

Hopefully more and more people do the same and move, maybe then they will get the point. 

@mrmightyfine @There are a few MVNOs that offer eSIMs as well, so the likes of Virgin Media offer it. Whilst they are not any better than Sky, it at least opens it up a bit more. Check out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_mobile_virtual_network_operators that shows the current ones that offer it. 

This message was authored by mrmightyfine This message was authored by: mrmightyfine

I tried a lycamobile e sim but it doesn't work on my watch, only certain e sims are watch compatible

Oh really? That is good to know (frustrating but good to know) and I will keep an eye out on that when my contract finally runs out with this s'hole!

This message was authored by mrmightyfine This message was authored by: mrmightyfine

I was looking into it earlier and only the big 3, shall I call them, only offer watch compatible e sims,

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mrmightyfine wrote:

I was looking into it earlier and only the big 3, shall I call them, only offer watch compatible e sims,

Justifies their CPI+x% increases 🤣

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Ugh, so we are likely to be shafted for the pleasure then. That sucks ☹️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion