Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Paul+Maidens This message was authored by: Paul+Maidens

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Recipients report receiving 3 of the same SMS message from me. What is the issue here SKY?

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

This is still an issue for me and has been on and off for a no of months. 😕

This message was authored by Paul+Maidens This message was authored by: Paul+Maidens

Raised with Sky Help Team on X (twitter), evidenced SMS to other mobile, this and other forum threads.

I want to get this sorted ASAP.

This message was authored by Mr+DR This message was authored by: Mr+DR

I have the same triple text issue, it started a couple of weeks ago.

Have tried resetting network settings, different texting apps and a new sim card. Nothing has worked.

After much fiddling with settings I have found that if you turn off Wi-Fi and VoLTE calls, then texts seem to send as normal, so the issue must be something to do with this.

Wow, this must be  real inconvenience having to switch off WiFi and VoLTE calls.

I tested this again using my phone, I have 2 Sims, one on Sky the other on Lebara. 

Lebara to Sky works fine, 1 message. Huzzah!

Sky to Lebara, 1 Message. Just when you think it's worked, you get a 2nd, duplicate SMS, then a 3rd.

I shall update my chat with SkyMobile Help now..

It's an issue with SKY Mobile, not the phone, not settings.

This message was authored by G4Challenge This message was authored by: G4Challenge

Sky mobile sending double texts and not able to connect to a particular landline.

My Sky SIM sends 2 messages to my wife's mobile every time I text. Also both out sky Sims when calling my granddad's home number he picks up but cannot here us we are both using sky Sims. If I switch to another network SIM it works fine.

I am working with Sky Tech Support on the SMS issue.  I am providing them with as much information as possible. They should respond to me within 48 hours, let's see.

Can I ask this group, Are you on Android or Apple(IOS)? I'm on Android, OxygenOS 14.

My wife has Apple, her SMSs to me seem to be OK.

Multiple messages appear 1 minute apart when sending SMSs from Sky Mobile,.

Rebecca48
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rebecca48 This message was authored by: Rebecca48

I'm on android aswell. My sister is with sky but has apple - she's isn't experiencing these issues. Very frustrating 

This message was authored by Mr+DR This message was authored by: Mr+DR

I'm on Android.

I 've noticed the delivery receipt notification only appears after the 3rd message, so it seems it thinks the first 2 messages have failed, even though the recipient has received them.

This message was authored by Julie151 This message was authored by: Julie151

I'm on an Android Motorola, 8 mths old. Use sky/O2 since Feb...no probs until early May. On holiday a msg failed, but was recd. on my return in mid May msgs sent once were recd twice. Recently messages have been failing but were sent/recd. it seems to be msgs over 3 lines in text. Tried every suggestion. Turned phone off/on. Toggled airplane mode. Turned rcs on and off. Reset network settings. Cleared msg storage and caiche. Battery/signal good too. The only thing that worked was to swap sims with my husband. Both phones sent single messages. His phone is 6 yrs old! Contacted sky and they reluctantly sent me a new sim. 1 day in all is well.....atm.

This message was authored by Holly6435677 This message was authored by: Holly6435677

Re: Multiple texts being received by one user only

Same with me I send 1 text message and my phone sends 3 messages people are asking me why I'm sending 3 and I'm not I'm sending only 1

Very much appreciated.

It seems we are all using Android and had these issues since the start of May.

This may be related to an OxygenOS upgrade but that's for Sky to figure out, not us.

Sky have come back to me with some suggestions, none have worked and I've updated them on their success, or lack of.

Ironically, and I love this,. SKY sent me an SMS, a customer satisfaction survey and obviously when they got 3 responses to the same question, it failed. I guess someone isn't going to achieve their sat survey quota 😃

This message was authored by Xajinel This message was authored by: Xajinel

Same issue here 

Actually had dual sim with an old sky sim which worked fine with my Plusnet.

Just migrated Plusnet to Sky so both sims sre now sky. Since then both sims are not sending txts properly.

Tried each individually and both broken.

Clearly a provisioning issue.

Fun times, especially having to explain to my customers why they're getting spammed.

On a plus point Sky customer service just refunded both sims this month.

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

That's good news re a refund, but I wish sky would just sort.

This has been going on since mid march. 

My wife and I both have sky mobile....both having same problem.

Hope sky can get some fix soon. 

This message was authored by cockneyrebel-47 This message was authored by: cockneyrebel-47

Did anyone get an answer to this? Just been on chat to ask for help as have also been having this issue since early May. Ive been told its been reported and it will be fixed within 72 hours, so fingers crossed 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion