Discussion topic: Double Data Offer

This message was authored by Siadric This message was authored by: Siadric

Double Data Offer

I've ordered a new iPhone 14 Pro today with a 3GB plan with the double data offer.

Looking at my account hub I can see the SIM & phone listed but the SIM listed is still 3GB and not the expected 6GB. Will this update after the SIM is activated or do I need to look somewhere else to see the double amount?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Double Data Offer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It will either happen after activation or within a set period, the terms and conditions from this offer should answer this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tukowoods This message was authored by: Tukowoods

Double data

Is the double data offer added after committing to the plan? Looking to switch to sky mobile. ....is the 3gb plan doubled to 6? Or is it a 1.5gb they have already doubled? 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Double data

Hi @Tukowoods  it would be 3 doubled to 6 if that's the offer, you would choose the basic plan which would then be doubled. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Double data

If there is an offer on with double data then it would be 3GB doubled to 6GB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by clapmeinirons This message was authored by: clapmeinirons

New iPhone 14 Data Plans

Trying to purchase a iPhone 14 and the data plan says 6GB for £8 then underneath it says "100% extra data for 24 months added to new plan" 

Does that mean I'll get 12GB or is the 6GB already doubled....?

Thanks all

Siadric
Topic Author

Apologies but it's still not clear when the doubling happens? Since I bought the 3GB and it will be doubled to 6GB should my account now show the SIM as 6GB? Or does this happen automatically after activation and / or when the data rolls over each month?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

It will either happen after activation or within a set period, the terms and conditions from this offer should answer this.

This message was authored by Waringgg This message was authored by: Waringgg

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy an iPhone 14 pro max on the double data deal. However I'm not looking to do this right now as my current contract expires at the end of next month. How long is this deal going on for? I'm keen to cash in on the double data but don't want to wait and miss out! Looked all over and can't seem to find the expiry on it. Thanks for the help 🙂

@Waringgg wrote:

How long is this deal going on for?

From the T&Cs:

Double Data on any iPhone: Offer ends 20 October 2022. Customers purchasing any iPhone will get double data on any data plan (e.g. 24GB per month instead of 12GB when purchasing the 12GB data plan). Double data lost if you Mix to a different plan. Not available with any other offers. Only available when purchasing selected devices.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

As part of the Double Data order you'll see this on your account after activation. If you purchased 3GB, you'll get 6GB, 6GB you'd get 12GB and so on 🙂

I hope this clears up any confusion?

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by ABAB8 This message was authored by: ABAB8

I'm currently just paying monthly on my Sky mobile data deal as I haven't upgraded my iPhone 11 Pro yet. I was looking to take advantage of the double data offered with the new 14 Pro but can't see anything that advises me if A) they'll just double the data on my current data package or B) if I need to get a new Data package and if so will that upgrade my current deal? 

I think you can apply this double data promotion to your current sim when you order the iPhone 14, as I can't see anywhere that it applies to anything other than to those ordering this new iPhone. If you do go ahead and do this then you must select the option to keep your current number.

I've tried to get an answer from Sky. So far I've been told that I need to purchase a new data contract. They've not advised re what happens with my current one and what happens with my number which I brought across 5 years ago. 

I tried to speak with my local sky store but they couldn't help because and I quote, the Queen died and they cancelled pre sales. 

Actually I've just been told that I would need a new number and they can't change that. Absolutely appauling service from Sky.   

Siadric
Topic Author

It's not ideal but you could buy a new data plan for the double data and then just port your number away to a different provider on a free PAYG SIM and then straight back onto your new plan, cancelling your old one in the process.

It shouldn't be that difficult though I agree.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion