Discussion topic: Data Plan price increase 2024

This message was authored by Meg_trailhound This message was authored by: Meg_trailhound

Data Plan price increase 2024

Data Plan price increased in February and further increase due this month and having trouble understanding why.

OK, so I am out of contract on my data plan - notification received May 2023 together with confirmation would continue at £5.00 per month.  No problem.

Letter received dated 10th January 2024 advising price would increase by £1.00 per month from first bill after 14th February.  Again OK with this as was expecting price to rise.

However, from 27th March my bills are showing a further increase of £2.00 per month.

I have no idea why as I have not made any changes to my data plan and haven't received any notification from Sky.  I have tried phoning to ask but it obviously wasn't in the script as they just tried to sell me a new 18 month contract!  I have sent a message to the Help Team via X/Twitter but haven't had a response yet.

Thanks for reading.

Best Answers
Meg_trailhound
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meg_trailhound This message was authored by: Meg_trailhound Answer

Re: Data Plan price increase 2024

Well  I finally managed to find out my data plan had a £2.00 discount set.up to run for 36 months which had expired. I do wish they'd let you know, like with your TV/Broadband discounts and show the discounts on your mobile bills (they don't even show on downloaded itemised bills!  At least I've now managed to renegotiate the price. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is a price rise due on 1st April so as we pay in advance it could be related to that, you should have received an email or a letter by now if it is due to this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Meg_trailhound
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meg_trailhound This message was authored by: Meg_trailhound

Thanks for your reply @caesarome 

Yeah, I've had the letter about 1st April increase but that's just for TV and broadband - no mention about any additional mobile price rises - it's why I'm so confused and trying to get answers.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

You can always call & renegoiate the contact due to the price rise. I did. 

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Meg_trailhound
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply @twilight+princess 

Meg_trailhound
Topic Author
This message was authored by Meg_trailhound This message was authored by: Meg_trailhound Answer

Well  I finally managed to find out my data plan had a £2.00 discount set.up to run for 36 months which had expired. I do wish they'd let you know, like with your TV/Broadband discounts and show the discounts on your mobile bills (they don't even show on downloaded itemised bills!  At least I've now managed to renegotiate the price. 

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

You're welcome.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion