Discussion topic: Confused - Called from Sky offering new Tablet - Legit?!

This message was authored by Skids+Mclean This message was authored by: Skids+Mclean

Confused - Called from Sky offering new Tablet - Legit?!

I got called today from the apparent legit Sky outbound number (Removed) at around 3:30pm informing me of new offers for loyal customers, which I rescheduled to 6pm due to working. Bang on 6pm they called back, took me through the usual security questions, and then proceeded to offer me a Samsung tablet, to which I said we don't use Andriod, to which he said I could have an iPad instead.

I asked the catch and he said it would be a cost of 87p per month and would simply be added to my bill.

The thing I found amazing was he new what level of VIP I was and how long I'd been with Sky, which is a very long time and difficult to guess. I got spooked and turned it down and spoke to Sky customer services afterwards who said there were no notes on the system to say anyone called me and it was probably a fake call, but how the heck did he know my service levels/time?!

Anyone else think that was dodgy or this kind of thing does happen from time to time? I'm always suss.

Moderator note: Removed phone number

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Confused - Called from Sky offering new Tablet - Legit?!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

87p a month seems to good to be true.

Something I saw posted on here the other day might help should you ever get a similar call and that is to give a wrong answer to their security questions and if they continue with the call (which wouldn't happen if it was Sky) then you would no it was a scam call.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Skids+Mclean
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skids+Mclean This message was authored by: Skids+Mclean

Re: Confused - Called from Sky offering new Tablet - Legit?!

Thanks, that's good advice and will use that in the future if it ever happens again!

This message was authored by Feidhlimidh This message was authored by: Feidhlimidh

Tablet offer / existing long standing customers

After going through the security protocol, receiving text message with a security number, I originally called in with a painless account query which was fixed in a matter of minutes.

when the call finished and confirmation took place, the advisor mentioned about a tablet offer due to the length of service I had been with sky.

This kind of relates to a previous entry about the question of a tablet etc and I am getting a call back at the end of the week. If I find the link to this post I will sure post my findings.

Skids+Mclean
Topic Author

Re: Tablet offer / existing long standing customers

Thanks! I know I've been offered a tablet before via Sky offer emails, but that was more like £25 a month, which seems reasonable due to the cost of the tablets, but interested to know if it is less than £1 a month 😁

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion