Discussion topic: Complaints about complaints?

This message was authored by Emma+lou22 This message was authored by: Emma+lou22

Complaints about complaints?

I am a Sky VIP account holder, for what it's worth & I can honestly say I'm ready to leave. I find the sales staff so rude & never listen to what you are saying. Needless to say I've made a complaint because I've ended up with 2 contracts when I wanted to send my old phone back, trade in. Have tried to sort it out & I am getting nowhere. They say they have tried to ring me but they haven't. I suspected they were contacting me on an old number but they denied this. I tested this by using their automated service where they text you & sure enough I receieved no text. So I'm now about to go to Ofgem which is time consuming but all these issues started in July, it's now nearing January & I have even more complaints due to the customer services incompetence. They have literally had me in tears & I just can't get an outcome with them. Any advice please?

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Complaints about complaints?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emma+lou22 Don't go to ofgem as they will ignore your complaint as they only deal with gas and electric supply complaints, you want to go to ofcom.

If you have gone through the full formal complaint procedure then there is little left to offer advice on, you could run a quick Google search for the Sky CEO email and send them a formal complaint outlining the issue and how you want it resolved, it won't actually reach the CEO but it should reach a team who will help(usually the executive support team).

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Regulatory complaints aren't resolved by OfCom either.

They are considered by the CISAS.  You need a deadlock letter before you can complain here.  

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

I've used similar services (ombudsman services for utilities) and have 'won' both times - the latest just for customer service.

It can be time consuming though - I've always submitted a SAR for voice recordings.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Emma+lou22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emma+lou22 This message was authored by: Emma+lou22

What's a SAR? Many thanks.

Emma+lou22
Topic Author

Sorry, I've not had any letters from them. Certainly not a deadlock letter?

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

A Subject Access Request (a statutory right of access under the Data Protection Act).

You cannot complain to a 'regulator' until you formally complain to the provider and a certain amount of time passes or you have a deadlock letter (that is they've hit the end of the road).   Details on the link I posted.

If you did formally complain then just asking for a deadlock letter often gets their attention.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Emma+lou22
Topic Author

Thanks so much.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion