Discussion topic: Cannot Activate Sim

This message was authored by GeoMurphy This message was authored by: GeoMurphy

Cannot Activate Sim

I bought a new device with a sim, then sent the original device back and ordered a different model through sky chat. I was told that the original sim can still be used with my new device. When I go to activate it, it does not give me the option to click on eSIM (with the note: If you've ordered an eSIM it's not quite ready. Please try again later) which I was under the impression was what I bought as there was no physical sim in my package. However, as I declined my first package with my original device order (as I was told to do) it could be possible that my sim was a physical sim and was in this package and so I do not have it to be able to activate it.

How can this be looked into, whether to switch my order to an eSIM or to let me know that I should order a new sim as my original has been returned with my original device or to resend my SIM card. There doesn't seem to be any links for this issue so I don't know how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Cannot Activate Sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could try order a physical sim for it and after activating it when it arrives then convert it to an esim if this is what you want to do. You can order a sim by selecting a data package for it here:

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/plans

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How long ago was this original physical sim ordered as you do have 30 days to activate it before it is automatically cancelled so if this did happen you would need to order a new sim to use.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GeoMurphy
Topic Author
This message was authored by GeoMurphy This message was authored by: GeoMurphy

Thank you, it was only ordered a few days ago on the 29th

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

You could try order a physical sim for it and after activating it when it arrives then convert it to an esim if this is what you want to do. You can order a sim by selecting a data package for it here:

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/plans

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion